SASS Wire Forum

Gunslinger Radio Hour

hud

Howdy, some of you have heard by now that myself and Frederick Jackson Turner are hosting a pro gun radio show. This weeks guest, is going to be Patrick Wayne. You can listen to the show from anywhere in the US that a smart phone works. Simply download iheartradio, (its free) and at 7am pst, tune into KABC 790. Its that simple. We will be taking calls, so you can speak to  Mr. Wayne also. Hope you can tune in

hud

Also you can listen online by going to this link.

http://www.kabc.com/the-gunslinger-hour/

If you are unable to listen live they have the past 10 or 12 shows listed and you can listen to them at any time. Just scroll down past the pictures of the handsome gentleman sitting behind the mike and choose which week you want to hear. Last week they featured our own Miss Misty Moonshine as the guest.

I listened to it online, the show two weeks ago with Misty Moonshine was great! I'll be listening every Sunday at 10:00 EST here in the Wild Wild Midwest!

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 4:53 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I listened to it online, the show two weeks ago with Misty Moonshine was great! I'll be listening every Sunday at 10:00 EST here in the Wild Wild Midwest!

go to gunslingersauctions.com    scroll down to the show banner, and you can hear them there. Thanks

What does it take to get a show listed on those podcast apps?  I know there's ways to listen online, but I don't listen to stuff while I'm at my computer.  I listen from my podcast player while I'm driving or working out.  I don't know how to get a show from online and put it into the podcast player unless it's listed when I search. 

You might find this Sunday's show (11/17) interesting as well; Hud has lined up Patrick Wayne as a guest.  Should be lots of stories about his time in Hollywood, his movie roles, and, of course, (hat over heart) his ol' man...

Cheers,

FJT

2 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Was it true that John wayne knew wyatt earp?  If so, was it a long term relationship, or more like a 1 time meeting that means more to us fans than it did to him? 

And of course, if patrick ever met him what does he remember? 

The story goes that Earp used to visit John Ford's sets in the years before his death.  Wayne, a member of the USC football team before he dropped out of school, was among the players who were hired by Ford as set workers ( Wayne was a prop man ) and extras ( as  was Ward Bond who actually had lines in some the films. ).  I have a book somewhere in which Wayne mentioned that he met Earp on set.  According to John Ford, the gunfight in My Darling Clementine happened just as Earp described it to him.  Who knows how much of that is true.  As was said in a later Ford film:  "...when the legend becomes fact, print the legend."

On 11/15/2019 at 8:26 PM, Ramblin Gambler said:

What does it take to get a show listed on those podcast apps?  I know there's ways to listen online, but I don't listen to stuff while I'm at my computer.  I listen from my podcast player while I'm driving or working out.  I don't know how to get a show from online and put it into the podcast player unless it's listed when I search. 

I had the same problem.  I had to Google it, and listen to it on their link.

Sorry for those of you who are distracted, while listening to this show.  As an aside, Hud and I encourage those of you who are shooting the Classic Cowboy or Senior Categories to do ALL your reloading, during the show.  ;)

I wish it would show up on my podcast list. 

If you go to this page with the device you have your podcast software on and click the "Subscribe To Podcast"  your device will add this show to your list.

I have done it with ipad and android phone.

Gunslinger.jpg

If you go to this page with the device you have your podcast software on and click the "Subscribe To Podcast"  your device will add this show to your list.

I have done it with ipad and android phone.

Gunslinger.jpg

Thanks, but dangit, it didn't work for me.  I got a drop down that said RSS feed, and when I clicked on it, I just saw some source code with an error saying the RSS feed had no style information. 

Archived