SASS Wire Forum

Attacks On College Students Prompt Women To Get Gun Training

Charlie T Waite

The death of a Georgia college student and the disappearance of an Auburn student in Alabama have many women paying more attention to their own personal safety, and that led to a packed house at a recent concealed carry course in Birmingham, Alabama.

Tonya Jones joined a dozen other women in downtown Birmingham to learn how to look within for protection.

“I’d like to defend myself if I need to,” said Jones

That’s the response Jesse Fox of Fox Instructional Services and Training and Women Protection Services says she gets a lot.

”It’s ‘I have a gun but now I feel like with the way everything is going. I need to know how to use it,” said Fox.

God made us but Samuel Colt makes us equal. The best way for a woman to defend herself is to have a gun and know how to use it. Same thing goes for the physically challenged and the elderly. The 2a is about equality. The equality inherent in the gun gives the individual the ability to defend themselves against criminals and the citizen the ability to defend themselves against enemies foreign and domestic.

Archived