SASS Wire Forum

Illegal Sandwich...?

As a general rule I don't really care what they do in California. But three thoughts did come to mind.

Is this in fact a law, or is it some bureaucratic rule? Because the cops ain't supposed to enforce rules. They don't call them REOs, now do they?

If, as someone suggested, this is a rule or a law to combat littering, then they need to arrest the people that are littering, instead of making a new law. Enforce the law that is already in effect.

And the big one - if the cop wished to detain the masticating scofflaw, why did he not have hold of the person? Why was he holding the bag? Seems to me that if I wished to detain that young man, and he did not wish to be detained, he could slip his arm out of that loop and beat feet. Leaving me "holding the bag". Or is the bag what the cop was after in the first place?

19 minutes ago, Alpo said:

As a general rule I don't really care what they do in California. But three thoughts did come to mind.

Is this in fact a law, or is it some bureaucratic rule? Because the cops ain't supposed to enforce rules. They don't call them REOs, now do they?

If, as someone suggested, this is a rule or a law to combat littering, then they need to arrest the people that are littering, instead of making a new law. Enforce the law that is already in effect.

And the big one - if the cop wished to detain the masticating scofflaw, why did he not have hold of the person? Why was he holding the bag? Seems to me that if I wished to detain that young man, and he did not wish to be detained, he could slip his arm out of that loop and beat feet. Leaving me "holding the bag". Or is the bag what the cop was after in the first place?

Rules are in fact enforceable. Cities and counties may make ordinances, rules, administrative codes or whatever they might be called in that particular jurisdiction. They are civil infractions generally like most traffic violations. It all depends on how they are written and the state statutes that enable them. 

He should have waited till he reached an SF station.  The new DA who's is the product of 2 cop killing Weather Underground members & raise by none other the Bill Ayers & Bernardine Dorn  platform was not to prosecute quality of life crimes.  So, when visiting SF you don't need to find bathroom facilities, just do it on the sidewalk; even when checking out the homes of Nancy & other elites.  Just remember to carry TP & moist towlets. 

8 minutes ago, J.D. Daily said:

He should have waited till he reached an SF station.  The new DA who's is the product of 2 cop killing Weather Underground members & raise by none other the Bill Ayers & Bernardine Dorn  platform was not to prosecute quality of life crimes.  So, when visiting SF you don't need to find bathroom facilities, just do it on the sidewalk; even when checking out the homes of Nancy & other elites.  Just remember to carry TP & moist towlets. 

But if your dog does it, clean it up immediately or you're subject to a $340 fine.  ;)

Archived