SASS Wire Forum

SOLD - IAC Model 87 - New in Box, Unfired

wildphilhickup

HOWDY!

Got an IAC, Norinco, Model 87, copy of the Winchester Model 1887 Lever Action Shotgun.

This gun is NEW in the Box, still in the plastic wrap.

20" Barrel  ,  Leather Wrapped Lever

Very Nice Wood Stock and Forearm.   "Chalnut"  -  (chinese walnut)

I am the original owner.     I think I bought it in 2005.

Asking $750, and I will pay shipping to your FFL.

THANKS!

5 hours ago, Juan Solo said:

Is this one of the cap guns with the drop 2 already in?

No.    Ask Cap, Drop 2 is NOT a good idea - NOT Safe.

THANKS!

17 hours ago, wildphilhickup said:

THANKS!

If that’s true I wonder why Cap offered the load 2 with a positive stop, I believe he called it his “Posi-Lock”-“Top Gun” modification. I have one. I believe a true “Drop 2” was only done on original 87’s by Fireball, and never done on IAC imports by anyone. There seems to be confusion on the difference between Cap’s original IAC imports with what he called his load 2 that had a hole in the center of the follower and depended on the nose of the ejector catching in that hole to prevent the carrier going too low and the modifications that Lassiter does to provide a positive stop that prevents the carrier going to low regardless on how hard the shooter pushes down when loading 2 shells. A different version was later offered by Cap  and he called it his “Posi-Lock”-“Top Gun” modification. In both cases the shooter has to push the shells down and not “Drop 2”. 

Sounds like you have a super clean IAC 87 for sale and I would be first to make you an offer if I didn’t have 3 in my safe already, two with Lassiter’s modification and one of Cap’s Top Gun modification. All 3 have the positive stop for load 2 that requires pushing the shells down. There is absolutely nothing unsafe shooting a positive stop load 2 done by Lassiter or Cap.

15 hours ago, wildphilhickup said:

THANKS!

That is a new one on me. I have 2 with Lassiters drop 2 modification that work flawlessly.

What exactly is not safe about the mod.

Carolina Reaper to the rescue!   Yee-Hah!

"And you don't even need a ladle to stir the pot."       * Mark Twain referring to politicians

The NEW Shootgun is still fur sale.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived