SASS Wire Forum

A NEW lunch crowd.

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

History:  back about 1995 Old Scout, Joy Belle, and I went to lunch one Wednesday about noon at the Iron Skillet in Ontario, CA.  Cliff Hanger joined us for the second or third one and then we added others over time.  Someone (Lefty?) suggested a name, The Grumpy Lunch Bunch) and a mascot was chosen.  Eventually we changed the times to every other Thursday at 11:00 (to beat the lunch crowds) and we decided to never go to the same place twice in a row.  It worked for a long time and still does.

The GLB still lives on.

Now, I've been gone from California coming on 5 1/2 years now and I think about that group often.  Some have died, some have moved away, some have quit, and a few have just plain disappeared.  It's one of a very few, maybe a half dozen, things I miss about California.

Anyhow, I have a group of four people put together here, again by happenstance not deliberate, and have decided to resurrect the GLB here in central Arizona in the Prescott, Prescott Valley, Chino Valley, Dewey-Humboldt, Mayer area and am inviting anyone interested to get in touch with me and see what we can get moving.  The originals were all CAS shooters, but we gathered in a few others as well.  Women have always been welcome but have never been plentiful amongst or ranks and I'd like to see that change, too.  They tend to be calming addition and they sure pretty up the gatherings.  Non shooters are also welcome, but anti-gunners are not.  No use poisoning the thing before it gets started.

Let me know.  And check out cliffhangershideout.com to see how the word is passed down there.

Hope to see some of you at lunch soon.

Forty Rod

PS: feel free to start a similar group anywhere you are.  I can see a rousing bunch in every state and country where there are like-minded folks.  I will be willing to lend suggestions and good wishes wherever you all are.

Forty Rod, guess you don't get together with the Whiskey Row Gunslingers anymore. We meet every Thursday morning at 7 A.M. at Zeke's Eatin' Place in the Frontier Village Mall in Prescott (just down Hwy69) from Prescott Valley, I'm sure you know the place. We are not a "Grumpy Bunch",  just a bunch of pards getting' together to have breakfast and talk CAS shootin'. I'm the greenhorn of the bunch, but I'm sure you know a lot of the cowboys there, anyway you're welcome to join us.

AZGF

Our little bunch is meeting this Thursday at Cancun Lagoon in Gallatin, Tennessee at 12:30 !!

Anybody who wants to join us is welcome!!

7 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Our little bunch is meeting this Thursday at Cancun Lagoon in Gallatin, Tennessee at 12:30 !!

Anybody who wants to join us is welcome!!

Did I here that Imis was buying for everyone :ph34r:

Just now, Tyrel Cody said:

Did I here that Imis was buying for everyone :ph34r:

No!  But he’s bringing Blue Boy if things don’t change!!

That alone is worth the price of admission!!

On 11/11/2019 at 5:14 PM, Arizona Gunfighter said:

Forty Rod, guess you don't get together with the Whiskey Row Gunslingers anymore. We meet every Thursday morning at 7 A.M. at Zeke's Eatin' Place in the Frontier Village Mall in Prescott (just down Hwy69) from Prescott Valley, I'm sure you know the place. We are not a "Grumpy Bunch",  just a bunch of pards getting' together to have breakfast and talk CAS shootin'. I'm the greenhorn of the bunch, but I'm sure you know a lot of the cowboys there, anyway you're welcome to join us.

AZGF

I may stop by, but there's one thing I gotta tell you...and anyone else:  IMHO any group that gets together on the same day, every week and eats at the same place, and at the same table, and everyone orders the same thing week after week after week doesn't seem to be my cup of mud.  I'm easily bored and this is why I've joined a couple of other groups since moving here and have moved on from every one of them.  I will admit that this is only one opinion, but it my case it's so.

I'll likely see you down the road.

On 11/17/2019 at 2:42 PM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I may stop by, but there's one thing I gotta tell you...and anyone else:  IMHO any group that gets together on the same day, every week and eats at the same place, and at the same table, and everyone orders the same thing week after week after week doesn't seem to be my cup of mud.  I'm easily bored and this is why I've joined a couple of other groups since moving here and have moved on from every one of them.  I will admit that this is only one opinion, but it my case it's so.

I'll likely see you down the road.

That's why I don't hang out with old retired geezers. :D

Archived