SASS Wire Forum

Austin Texas gun store catering to SASS, etc.

Bloody Glen Bob

I'm headed to Austin Texas on Wednesday, and be there for a week. I want to go to a gun store(s) that caters to cowboy action. I live in California, so I don't know what gun stores are available in the Austin Texas area..

Thanks for any information. 

BGB

If you are driving and you go through Amarillo, TX, stop in at Longhunter's.

If you go anywhere near Fredericksburg, TX stop in at Texas Jacks.

Both places will serve you well.

Don't know anything about Austin.

I am not in Austin or anywhere close but if you make it to New Boston Texas,, Cowboy Guns and Pawn Shop is the place to be. Used slicked up 73/66 used stick Vaqueros. Just your old time gun shop with a twisted smile on the other side of the counter. Stop by  Thanks T Bone Dooley

Hello  there , 

Fredericksburg  is an hour  west of  Austin .  Go there and  Texas Jacks . 

TejasCaballeros  shoot  this  Saturday .  Come join  us .  

CS  

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what highway you are taking to get here, but if you are coming into Ft. Worth, stop in Springtown, northwest of Ft. Worth, at Two Wright Arms.

I used to go to McBride's Gun Shop, in Austin, when I lived near Austin.  They don't exclusively cater to just C.A.S. types, but they do have some selections. 

If you are from California, you might feel right at home in Austin.  Leftists/Liberals galore!!!  A tiny blue (misguided) island, in a sea of red!!! 

Don't go too near the U.T. campus.  Your I.Q. will go down!!! Gig 'Em Aggies!!!!

I can joke about it...I am a seventh generation Texan. 

Best of luck to you, and be safe. 

W.K.   

Collectors Firearms (collectorsfirearms.com) is a great place in Houston.   I've bought a few things from them over the years online, and last September when I had a chance to drive through Houston when I was on vacation I visited the place.   LOTS of great stuff to be had there.   You name it, they seemed to have it.   They are a bit pricey overall, but you can find some things there for a reasonable price from time to time.    That being said, as cool as the place is, I found my experience there to be a little disappointing.  I felt the "customer service" should have been better.

Texas Jacks is what comes to mind. Not a lot in the way guns but they do have a ton of Cowboy clothes. 
The town of Fredericksburg is nice. The pacific war museum is worth the walk through. The main drag in Fredericksburg is full of shops and restaurants. 

Archived