SASS Wire Forum

strange sky

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

Anyone living near me, look up at the sky and see if you can see the "stream" of glowing formation running east and west just north of the moon.  It looks sort of like a rain cloud (streamers like falling rain beneath most of it) except it is much lighter and very narrow, more like a very thick con trail.   Most of the rest of the sky is clear.  I've never seen anything like it before and want to know what it is.

Didn’t see it up here. But you’re closer to Roswell than me. ;)

It sounds like northern lights, but, you are pretty far south for them.  We are 60 miles north of Calgary, and we get them periodically, especially during the winter.  

21 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Anyone living near me, look up at the sky and see if you can see the "stream" of glowing formation running east and west just north of the moon.  It looks sort of like a rain cloud (streamers like falling rain beneath most of it) except it is much lighter and very narrow, more like a very thick con trail.   Most of the rest of the sky is clear.  I've never seen anything like it before and want to know what it is.

Could have been a contrail after winds aloft got to it.  Maybe something out of Area 51! :ph34r:  More likely the former however. 

UFO, quite common around P.V.

1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Why is it whenever somebody sees a strange phenomenon, creature or apparition they never have their cell phone handy??? :huh:

What difference would that make?  I can't take pictures on my flip phone anyway.

Archived