SASS Wire Forum

The Wild Bunch

Arkie Lee

We ain't gettin' any younger, Arkie...  :mellow:

Fifty years.  But I still enjoy it!  :)

I remember seeing it at the theater when it came out. Dang, time flies!

OT, but I saw Yellowstone Kelly (1959) yesterday on TV.  Warren Oates appeared briefly as a cavalry trooper who was dispatched by a bullet to the head from the Indians (led by “chief” John 

Russell)

There are a million great lines in the Wild Bunch: "Wooooeee this is better than a hog killin' !"

"And I'm stuck with you egg sucking, chicken stealing, gutter trash without sixty rounds between you."

"That's very smart! Very smart of you, damn gringos!"

I can't wait for my first Wild Bunch match at the end of the month!

Saw it at a drive-in with Hank, Wynuts, and Lurch.  Ran over a beer bottle on the way out and had to change a flat tire.  ^_^

Saw it when I was 10 at the theater. My dad took me and my younger brother to wee it when he came home from Vietnam for a month. It was, at the time, the bloodiest, most violent movie I had ever seen. Still on of my favorite movies and have the "directors cut" dvd. CK is right, many good lines in that movie. My favorite is "When you run with a man, you stick with that man.....otherwise you're nothing but a pack of wild animals".

I saw it at a drive-in when I was 8.

Totally blew me away that Lt. Commander Quentin McHale was a total bada** in the movie. I think that was the day that I realized that actors were actors and not who they portray. 
Anyway, I lived the movie and I lived the fact my Dad let me stay up to watch it. 

You inspired me.  I watched it again tonight, the missus kinda...at least she didn’t object!

”It ain’t like it used to be, but it’ll do.”

;)

I too, saw it at a drive -in with my Aunt, Uncle and cousin when I was 10.

I was hooked on all types of sawed- off shotguns, and campaign hats, from that time forward.

Archived