SASS Wire Forum

Went to a gun show

Raylan

My friend took his new girlfriend to a gun show. He was going to buy an H&K .45. He bought his girlfriend a really nice set of jewelry that she “really really really wanted”. He didn’t get the H&K. Pansy!

She broke up with him a week later. 

29 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

My friend took his new girlfriend to a gun show. He was going to buy an H&K .45. He bought his girlfriend a really nice set of jewelry that she “really really really wanted”. He didn’t get the H&K. Pansy!

He probably got away cheap.

:ph34r:

There for a while t seemed Gun Shows had become flea markets. Thankfully someone put the skids on some of the silliness. 

The people that used to burn me were the morons selling eyeglass cleaner. I literally popped a guy right in the nose army the Orange County Gun Show here in California a few years ago when visiting from Oregon. A guy selling eyeglass cleaner snatched my glasses from Nyla face to show me how his product worked and I hit him...right in front of two Deputies.  I figured I was off to jail but the Deputies asked if I wanted to press assault charges. Apparently the idiot had been told a number of times to not do that. I didn’t press charges as I figured I was the one getting off lucky. 

Now gun shows here are like they use to be. Lots of guns and annoying and minimal crapola. 

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

He sounds like easy meat.  ^_^

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

If she really really wanted that set then she should have paid for it herself.

4 hours ago, Raylan said:

So, I went to a gun show today and bought bed sheets. Obviously my life is over. 

Yes, it is so sadly obvious.  Someone should call in Hospice for poor ol' Mr Raylan.

Wait!  Smell his breath!!  He's three-sheets-to-the-wind!!! 

Look at him!  He's sheet-faced!!

When my daughter was younger she'd go to gun shows with me, seems like she was always finding non gun things for me to buy for her I really didn't mind as her things were usually cheap and I enjoyed her company, When she finally decided she wanted  to shoot cowboy she put a few of her finds on ebay and made enough to pay for her guns and leather, Need less to say I was pretty  proud of her and then and there figured out  not to ever horse trade with her. 

Women can be funny sometimes..... or atleast to the point us men don't understand.

Example:  My wife can walk into a gun store with me and question as to why I would want or buy

a .22 rifle for $200 or a nice pistol for $600-800.

She would say such a purchase is crazy.

THEN, we walk into an motorcycle/ATV store and thinks its a good idea if I want to buy a $10,000 

Yamaha Grizzly ATV.

True story.

..........Widder

I went to one a few years back saw a vendor selling Beanie Babies.

I asked, "What are these, targets?"

On 11/10/2019 at 10:47 PM, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Ask her to explain cosmetics. I still don’t understand the terms exfoliate and volumize and why the bathroom is filled with dozens of products toward that end. Which is immediately followed by grease and paint, thus repeating the cycle. :D

It's just like woodworking.  Sanding, caulking, priming, painting.    

On 11/10/2019 at 8:06 PM, Whiskey Business said:

If she really really wanted that set then she should have paid for it herself.

I admire and respect your integrity.

Duffield

On 11/10/2019 at 7:08 PM, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Yes, it is so sadly obvious.  Someone should call in Hospice for poor ol' Mr Raylan.

Wait!  Smell his breath!!  He's three-sheets-to-the-wind!!! 

Look at him!  He's sheet-faced!!

:lol:  Atta boy, Quail.  :lol:

You bought sheets??

Well, that’s probably a tribute to the lackluster, uninteresting collection of firearms being offered at that gun show, and increasingly, others.  I’ve found that the recent gun shows I have gone to aren’t worth the entrance fees, and the sellers behave as if their boring wares are akin to a virgin daughter. 

The carnival food, trinkets and odd, out of place stuff for sale ARE the attraction at many or most gun shows nowadays.

Cat Brules

Just as Ebay has pretty much killed off antique stores Gunbroker will eventually kill off gun shows, assuming the anti-gunners don't kill them off first. The last few gun shows I've been to I didn't even bother to bring any cash with me, knowing there wouldn't be anything but junk being peddled. I would go there just to kill a Saturday, and left wishing I had my Saturday back.

Archived