SASS Wire Forum

SOLD PENDING FUNDS Savage Model 99, caliber 300 Savage

Dutch Al #22045

Savage Model 99, caliber 300 Savage.  This is a takedown model rifle.  The receiver is drilled and tapped for a scope mount.  This is good clean rifle, in very good condition.  The bore is bright and shiny, with strong rifling.  No pits or rust.  Exterior metal is in very good condition, no pits or rust.  This is a good solid rifle, which shoots quite well. 

Still having issues with SASS Wire PMs, suggest contacting me directly at  KUYLAARS@MSN.COM

Price is $595 plus shipping

DSC_4552.JPG

DSC_4553.JPG

JPG_4876.JPG

JPG_4877.JPG

JPG_4878.JPG

JPG_4879.JPG

JPG_4880.JPG

JPG_4881.JPG

JPG_4882.JPG

That's a good price for a take-down model in that condition.  These guns are usually pretty beat up.  I'd go for it, but I already have one almost identical that I paid a lot more for.

On 11/10/2019 at 3:45 AM, Dutch Al #22045 said:

Savage Model 99, caliber 300 Savage.  

YO!

COWBOY!

Hello!

Is there a reason you blew off my PM?  I made an honest inquiry on an apparently honest sale. It would have only taken one number, four digits, to respond. Either "1909", or "1916".  Not difficult.

Hello Palouse,

I did NOT blow off your message.  On 11-10-2019 I sent this reply to you:

I checked the Savage 99 forum.  Serial number of my rifle is 244XXX, which they show as manufactured in 1922.  The last patent date on the barrel is 1909. 

"The rifle shoots surprisingly well, especially for a takedown rifle.  The unusual thing is the rifle shoots best when you put the front bag under the front of the action (instead of out on the fore end).  It has shot numerous groups of less than 2" at 100 yards." 

I have been having issues with SASS PMs.  Suggest you contact me directly at KUYLAARS@MSN.COM  or call me directly at 303-798-0189.

Archived