SASS Wire Forum

Gun A Month Club

Pat Riot

56 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

“Tumbles Syndrome”? Nope. I am past that now. Now I believe I have Flop & Crunch Syndrome. I sure don’t bounce (tumble) like I used to. :lol:

Hey, you’re gonna like the Gen 5 G19. I have the G45. I like the G17 sized frame better. I gave my G19X to my SIL as a gift. He loves it. Which night sights did you get? The Glock night sights? If so they are really nice and pretty much stand out in all lighting conditions. 

Yes-They are Glock OEM night sights.

IIRC, those are made by Meprolight out of Israel. 

OLG 

On 11/10/2019 at 7:29 AM, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

Well crap.  I always was an over achiever.  Picked up a matched, sequential pair of Uberti Cattleman 38 WCF yesterday.  That makes three guns so far this month.  

Well, now you're grounded.

No more guns for two months.

26 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Yes-They are Glock OEM night sights.

IIRC, those are made by Meprolight out of Israel. 

OLG 

Pretty sure they are Trijicon. Either way they are pretty good sights. I installed Tru-Glo TFX sights on my G45 and G26. I like those as well. 

10 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I have decided that my December gun will either be a Marlin 60 or a Ruger Wrangler. 
My wife told me I cannot buy a gun for my birthday in January. She is buying me an expensive custom motorcycle seat for my Kawasaki. So I guess the chain will be broken :( But, that’s okay. February will be a nice month to maybe get another Cowboy gun...:D

So just buy two in December and have one processed then and the other in January. Problem solved.1:ph34r:

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:14 AM, Sedalia Dave said:

Does deet work on chiggers?

Not very well.  About the only thing I've found to work on chiggers is sulfur powder.  Pour it around the top of your socks and around the waistband of your drawers.  Keeps the chiggers away really well, but you'll stink to high heaven when you start sweating on that sulfur.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 6:49 AM, Alpo said:

Make sure you don't handle any guns with that stuff on. It melts plastic. That would include most rifle finishes, and probably combat Tupperware and imitation ivory six shooter grips.

If that's the case, why do they sell it in plastic bottles?  I spend a lot of time out in the woods in Alabama summers with Deet all over me, hands included.  It's never had any effect on my Glocks.

11 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Actually this one is probable better suited for riding in so-cal

Yeah, but he wasn’t wearing any gloves. :P

I would call this my “ Cheese Ball Suit”. :lol:

That guy shouldn’t have been in such a hurry to buy his gun for that month. ;)

20 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Pretty sure they are Trijicon. Either way they are pretty good sights. I installed Tru-Glo TFX sights on my G45 and G26. I like those as well. 

Nope, not Triji's ;)

OLG 

46 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Nope, not Triji's ;)

OLG 

Doesn’t matter. They are decent sights. I think you’ll like ‘em. 

Archived