SASS Wire Forum

Best RV park for the Yuma Territorial Prison Breakout

Faygo Kid, SASS # 26408

So, you are saying the range has RV Parking and Services?

OR, what?  Should we drive to freaking Yuma and find out?

If you have been to this shoot and stayed at a campground around Yuma I'd like to know which one and what you liked about it. 

If you haven't been there then please keep your two cents to your freakin' self...Thanks

I like camping there at the range but Mother Nature makes it pretty messy sometimes. I’ll camp there again in 2020 if it isn’t muddy. That being said, east of Yuma just off of I8 is a little RV park called Ligurta Station. It has very reasonable rates, a nice little restaurant and getting to the range using a backroad instead of the interstate is very easy. They seem to always have spaces available when other places don’t.

The variety and number of RV parks around here (Yuma) is mind boggling.  Along I-8, between exits 8 and 11 are at least a dozen.  Much depends on your tastes, amenities wise and financially.  These parks are the closest ones, with facilities, to the range at about 12 miles.  The VFW on US-95 offers unimproved camping around the building.

If you have sanitary capacity and your own electricity, the range is the place, with good company too.

Camping at the  range depends on whether it has rained or not.  If there's been a lot of rain the number of range camping spots will drop considerably.  It's always good to have a plan A and B.

BS

8 hours ago, Jailhouse Jim, SASS #13104 said:

Is there plenty of room at the range or do they run out of space?

If it’s dry and the big center camping area is usable (not muddy) there is plenty of room, if that’s not the case then the choices drop considerably.

The club recently acquired a small tractor which has been used to groom the center camping area, The camping area is in the best shape it's been in for years but like Yul said the wild card is if it rains, When it rains the camping area turns in to a mud pit. There's a few spots around the range  that are usually solid but they go fast.

Ligurta station east of Yuma is a decent place with no frills just the basics at a no frills price, I've stayed at Del Pueblo RV in Yuma but it's farther from the range and pricey with lots of rules.

5 minutes ago, Willy B.SASS#26902 said:

The club recently acquired a small tractor which has been used to groom the center camping area, The camping area is in the best shape it's been in for years but like Yul said the wild card is if it rains, When it rains the camping area turns in to a mud pit. There's a few spots around the range  that are usually solid but they go fast.

Ligurta station east of Yuma is a decent place with no frills just the basics at a no frills price, I've stayed at Del Pueblo RV in Yuma but it's farther from the range and pricey with lots of rules.

Another option is Willy B.s new place in Yuma!!:P

3 hours ago, Willy B.SASS#26902 said:

Yul 

At least this year I don't have to worry about getting pulled out of the bog.

True, but you miss all of the fun.

I do like to camp out at the range but I sure don't like it when its muddy I'm keeping my fingers crossed for perfect weather this year. So far I'm really enjoying having a spot to roost outside of California if you like to shoot a lot of different events Yuma is a great place to be.

Archived