SASS Wire Forum

Colt Custom Shop Model 01918 WW1 Reproduction

Daniel Dodge

Selling my Colt Custom Shop model 01918 Black Army reproduction. It's new in the box with all the original papers etc.. It's been racked and handled, but never fired.Perfect for Wild Bunch Purist or Colt fan. I'm only selling it because I got an original. Willing to do face to face or ship to FFL. Asking 1450

1918.jpg
1918a.jpg
1918b.jpg
1918c.jpg

Has the gun gone back to the factory for recall corrections?  Or will new owner need to take care of that action?

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2009/7/2/colt-recall/

Truth Hertz I'm betting you have no interest in buying this, just stirring the pot.

You could have contacted the seller privately and discussed ,  and advised as he might not have known

about any recalls. 

instead you make him look shifty, which I DO NOT believe is the case. You need to learn the

"cowboy way" .

Daniel Dodge:  Please accept my apologies for offending you in any way.  This was not the intent.  I have been shopping a WW1 black Army for quite a while and have learned the majority have been previously sent back to Colt for corrective action.  A PM asking about this clarification would have clearly been more appropriate.  Again my apologies.

Dutch:  Per above, you are correct that a PM would have. been a better way to communicate on the subject.  Your assumption/accusation that this was done to stir the pot and.disparage the seller could not be more wrong.  Your post would have been just as effective in stating your message without taking shots at my character in the process.

-TH

No worries guys.

To answer the question, I had no idea there was a recall. I have not sent it back in the few years I've owned it. It looks all original to me. I just checked and there is no paperwork about it in the box.

Thanks Pards!

DD

And in all fairness, spending the requested price, a buyer should be aware that there is a recall, not necessarily from the seller. The one cowboy showed he was a knowledgeable shopper. And I find it a little hard to believe that Colt is only taking 10 days to fix something based on their other special order productivity, but I am glad if it is true. I also was interested as I am trying to replace a 1911 my father had brought back with him from the Korean War but with the way those original ones are priced a little more and I might get one of those instead. But I knew nothing of the recall and I read American Rifleman and visit the Colt Forum regularly. So I am glad for the information and think that sometimes we look the wrong way instead of the good. I have the utmost respect for Dutch as he has taught me a lot here on this wire and the warning was meant to warn against the wrong behavior on the wire. And I also believe the seller is being truthful as well. 
Can I suggest that we might give everyone the benefit of the doubt?

For the record, I sent Mr. Dodge a personal apology to augment the public forum apology.  Concur with Nimbles that benefit of the doubt would have been nice.  

Have been saving for this model for quite some time and Mr. Dodge's price is quite fair for the gun in such fine condition.  Prior to reading Mr. Dodge's post, I had identified one in AZ that shows more wear but has been back to Colt.  Therefore, the decision is based around more $$ for a better condition gun (to be expected) and time/effort required if the gun needs to go back to Colt.

No argument that my post would have been better delivered privately to Mr. Dodge.  However, the accusation that I have no interest in the gun or was trying to stir the part is inaccurate and baseless.  

Regardless it's a very nice peace for sale .

You are selling a lot of stuff. 

I pray you are OK Pard .

And there is not a major reason behind you selling off so much stuff .

God bless 

Rooster 

I have one or more ;) of these and they are excellent pieces. I have used mine in Wild Bunch and it quickly replaced the Springfield Armory GI model than I previously enjoyed using in Wild Bunch very much. This is an outstanding, top quality 1911 from Colt and whoever gives it a new home will undoubtedly be most pleased with this 1911.

11 hours ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

Regardless it's a very nice peace for sale .

You are selling a lot of stuff. 

I pray you are OK Pard .

And there is not a major reason behind you selling off so much stuff .

God bless 

Rooster 

Thanks for the concern pard! I have a LOT of guns and was off work for a bit, but am back at it now and getting caught up on some bills.

Don't worry though, I kept all the really good guns ;)

20190906_145022.jpg

Archived