SASS Wire Forum

A Military Discount for Amazon Prime

https://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-discount-for-military-veterans-how-to-get-it-2019-11?fbclid=IwAR1DSikfBdahq1-uVgCYDuFiQGTBLTkr_u91d4patdqE6dKHbpFYi2Go-kI

Amazon Prime is offering a limited time (6-11 NOV 2019) $40 military discount.  If already on Prime, it will extend your membership by one year.

^_^

29 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-discount-for-military-veterans-how-to-get-it-2019-11?fbclid=IwAR1DSikfBdahq1-uVgCYDuFiQGTBLTkr_u91d4patdqE6dKHbpFYi2Go-kI

Amazon Prime is offering a limited time (6-11 NOV 2019) $40 military discount.  If already on Prime, it will extend your membership by one year.

^_^

I’m already Prime. Where does it say it extends membership?

2 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

In the article it says:

The promotion will extend the memberships of current Prime members by one year.

Well, I tried but "Amazon couldn't verify my eligibility" so I couldn't get the discount.

How the **** can they verify or deny my "eligibility" when they do not have my records? Weird.

I guess I will have to contact them at Customer Support team at VeteransDay@amazon.com

21 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Well, I tried but "Amazon couldn't verify my eligibility" so I couldn't get the discount.

How the **** can they verify or deny my "eligibility" when they do not have my records? Weird.

I guess I will have to contact them at Customer Support team at VeteransDay@amazon.com

Could be they’re hooked in with the “ID Me” thing which you have to go through to get the new Veteran’s ID card. But that thing is a mess. I tried numerous times and it was a mess. I could never get it to work. :angry:
https://www.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=3979

28 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

When you go to the "landing page," on that "landing page" look under the "Continue" button.

Pat, I don't know why, but mine was immediately approved and they accepted my payment.

I had the same luck, accepted me in just seconds. I was due in Feb 2020, now good till Feb 2021.

6 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Keep us updated

Well, I contacted Amazon Customer Service. Gave them my info. They came back wanting to know when I retired or if I am still on active duty. I replied I had served and was not active or retired. They wrote back and asked for my email address, which I thought was odd as they were emailing me so I sent them the same email address. The lady wrote back and said “No, we need your “.mil” address”

I explained I was not IN the military so why would I have a DOT MIL email address. They said they needed proof. I send them a copy of my license and told them they weren’t getting a copy of my DD214. 

I haven’t heard back. 

The two ladies I was corresponding with are Indian. I doubt they even know how this veteran thing works. At this point I don’t care. It was a nice gesture on Amazon’s part. 

6 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Well, I contacted Amazon Customer Service. Gave them my info. They came back wanting to know when I retired or if I am still on active duty. I replied I had served and was not active or retired. They wrote back and asked for my email address, which I thought was odd as they were emailing me so I sent them the same email address. The lady wrote back and said “No, we need your “.mil” address”

I explained I was not IN the military so why would I have a DOT MIL email address. They said they needed proof. I send them a copy of my license and told them they weren’t getting a copy of my DD214. 

I haven’t heard back. 

The two ladies I was corresponding with are Indian. I doubt they even know how this veteran thing works. At this point I don’t care. It was a nice gesture on Amazon’s part. 

:angry:

10 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

On line it just asks for the date service ended.

Yep. The only thing I can figure is I may have not put my exact birth year when I signed up for Amazon but there is no way to verify that on line. There was a time when I put false birth years on websites because of all the fraud going on and that may be it. But at this point I don’t care now. 

I do this thing where I look at how much time something is taking me and if the savings or benefit does not outweigh what my hourly salary rate is in the time it takes to accomplish it I drop it and move on. 
Life’s too short to worry about $40 when I save way more than that in a few orders on Amazon. So what? I didn’t get the discount. Oh freakin’ well. It’s no biggie. 

15 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Yep. The only thing I can figure is I may have not put my exact birth year when I signed up for Amazon but there is no way to verify that on line. There was a time when I put false birth years on websites because of all the fraud going on and that may be it. But at this point I don’t care now. 

I do this thing where I look at how much time something is taking me and if the savings or benefit does not outweigh what my hourly salary rate is in the time it takes to accomplish it I drop it and move on. 
Life’s too short to worry about $40 when I save way more than that in a few orders on Amazon. So what? I didn’t get the discount. Oh freakin’ well. It’s no biggie. 

Salary rate before or after taxes?

6 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Salary rate before or after taxes?

Doesn’t matter. Life’s too short to deal with stupid people. 

Archived