SASS Wire Forum

Hammer 12 ga SxS

Mexicali Blue

Watch SASS Classifieds.  Check with Outlaw Gambler (Sass Member) - he handles a lot of shotguns every month.   Ask around at local clubs for one that a pard is not using any more.  Post your WTB on the classifieds.   WTB is (wanted to buy)  You need to be a SASS member to post WTB.

Remember that the earlier "brand" name of this gun is the "TTN 1878."   Don't pass that by if you run onto it.

Good luck, GJ

You have a couple of other selections.  Depending on your budget of course.  Cimarron also offers their fairly new 1878 "Deluxe".  I don't know a lot about them but they sure look nice for the price.  EMF is now carrying an 1878 Replicant from Pietta.  A bit Pricy but very well made.  And there is the CZ Hammer Double.  Also very nice.  All worth a very good look.  ALL should be a lot more available than 18 months.

Oh, forgot.  If you have deep pockets and want only the BEST - - - Check out the PEDERSOLI Hammer Double.  Well worth the price.

Daniel Dodge just listed a couple of CZs on the classifieds.

I have the 30" CZ, and it's a nice hammer double.

I wanted a modern-made hammer double for hunting.

He listed a 20" coach gun too.

I shoot with DD on occasion.  He's a straight-up guy.

--Dawg

I laid away a deluxe 1878 Cimarron hammered coachgun at Sportsmans warehouse in Reno this week. It is slightly different than the TTN. No hammer spurs and it cocked very smoothly. I look forward to picking it up next week.

On 11/8/2019 at 6:01 PM, Flanigan Flats said:

I laid away a deluxe 1878 Cimarron hammered coachgun at Sportsmans warehouse in Reno this week. It is slightly different than the TTN. No hammer spurs and it cocked very smoothly. I look forward to picking it up next week.

Wife just brought one home yesterday from Sportsman’s Warehouse in Fairbanks. Pakistan produced, smooth cocking hammers and very thin wrist. 

Archived