SASS Wire Forum

HWTC

Tennessee williams

1 hour ago, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

so,, any time a round is left in a pistol,, it's not only a miss BUT a P also?    nay nay

You must have pulled that out of thin air. Or somewhere.

I don't see how you can debate the fact that #2 is a P and a miss. It is exactly the same scenario from a couple months ago on the WTC page where you said a round left in the revolver is a miss so it can't cause a p. That is still wrong.

phoey

the saying, "a miss can't cause a P" needs to go away then,, 

Everyone thinks that an "unfired round" is a "miss", it is not. The way I read the rules an "unfired round" is "scored as a miss" or "5 second penalty" it is not actually a true "miss". Failure to engage a target causes a P, unfired rounds are "scored as misses". I watched a shooter on a stage with 20 knock down targets 10 rifle 10 pistol any can be made up with shotgun. Shooter had a malfunction with rifle and ran out of shotgun ammo with 3 targets still up. Scored as 3 "misses" and 6 "unfired rounds" in the rifle. That's the rules.

14 minutes ago, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

the saying, "a miss can't cause a P" needs to go away then,, 

Why? The round left in the revolver that is scored as a miss did not cause the p.

I don't think that phrase means what you think it means. 

Ever had a miss and a p on the same stage and shooting string? That was rhetorical. Yes you have. Having a miss doesn't bar you from getting a P.

I think some people hear the phrase "a miss can't cause a p" and it gets scrambled up between the ears and the brain and it turns into "a miss means no p".

Archived