SASS Wire Forum

Need music suggestions

sassnetguy50

Those Texas boys, such as Willy Nelson,  Waylon Jennings and their friends, women included.  Find them on YouTube and preview them.

Cat Brules

The Highwaymen, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Freddy Fender, Kenny Rogers, Clint Black, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Montgomery Gentry, Faith Hill, Reba McIntire, Alan Jackson, Toby Keith, Hank Junior, David Alan Coe, and many others.

Dwight Yoakam, Marty Stuart, Highway 101, Buck Owens, Junior Brown, The Derailers, Wayne Hancock, Dallas Wayne, Bill Kirchen, Tom Russell, BR-549, Johnny Horton, Vern Gosdin, Red Simpson, Dave Dudley, Big Red Goad, The Flatlanders, Eagles, HeyBale!, Patty Loveless, Linda Ronstadt, Steve Earl, Earl Thomas Conley, John Anderson, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Gary P. Nunn, Rodger Alan Wade, Waylon, Willie, Cash, Hag, Hank Jr., Hank 3, Coe, Paycheck

No posers or pretty boys in my diet .........

Can't go wrong with:

George Strait

Eagles

Alan Jackson

Merle Haggard

Johnny Horton

Jim Reeves (one of my favorite Christmas songs... 'An Old Christmas Card')

Ray Price

SONS OF THE PIONEERS  (some of the original classics)

ALABAMA

..........Widder

Reckless Kelly, Bottlerockets, Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Vern Gosdin, Patty Loveless,  Alyson Krauss, George Jones, Guy Clark, Ernest Tubb, The Louvin Brothers, Kitty Wells, Texas Playboys, Ray Price in addition to that listed above.  There's more but I haven't had enough coffee.

Expand your horizons and try some Steely Dan, Earth Wind and Fire, Blood Sweat and Tears and Chicago! Just a suggestion!;)

Get an XM radio. Willies road house plays a lot of good old country. Also some other good choices. I also like the old time radio channel. They play a lot of shows I like....and some I don’t care for. A lot of old westerns 

1 hour ago, Old Man Graybeard said:

Get an XM radio. Willies road house plays a lot of good old country. Also some other good choices. I also like the old time radio channel. They play a lot of shows I like....and some I don’t care for. A lot of old westerns 

And you get Ozzy's Boneyard and Hair Nation! :D

Try Pandora internet radio, They have a search engine that allows you to find and play music you like by artist or genre.They have free and paid subscriptions.

https://www.pandora.com/

Aaron Watson, Don Edwards, Cody Johnson, Clay Baker, Waddie Mitchell, Red Steagall, Riders in the Sky, Ian Tyson, Michael Martin Murphey, Ned LeDoux, Shane Owens, Jon Wolfe, George Strait......just name a few.  Check out the red dirt genre out of south Texas......

Archived