SASS Wire Forum

A 357 that works for me

Trigger Mike

Having tried the smith 686 and 60 and kimber and colt new cobra and having some pain from the pinched nerve I thought I would try the ruger GP100.  I tried one with the older wood in the center grips.   Very little pain or discomfort resulted.   I believe I will use it from now on. 

The GP100 is a great gun.   It's weight negates the recoil from the 357 cartridge.

I prefer the preceding model...the Security Six, which also spawned the Service Six and the Speed Six.  But there's nothing wrong with the GP100.

My GP100 is a 1992 model, 6-inch in 357.
It has always been my favorite shooter.

Bill Clinton was the salesman who convinced me to buy it.
We were living in Colorado Springs at the time.
Went into a Longs Drug, asked for a roll of film, pack of condoms and a 357 magnum.

Clerk asked if I was gonna kill anybody or commit a crime.
"Nope."
"Here ya go, have a nice day."

6 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

I really like the 625 smith sgt sabre

Thanks. It was one of those "stumble across" at a LGS. It was priced so low I had to get it. Since it's a .45ACP and uses moon clips, I can carry four of them in a speedloader case, stacked 2X2.  

55 minutes ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

Nuff about recoil, do you pards find the 625 to be accurate?

Reeeel accurate??

Best

CR

Both of mine (a 625 mountain gun and a 625 JM) are super accurate.  I recently shot a IDPA course with the 625 JM and was zero points down for the match.  Using some of my own load...185 grain SWC over about 5 grains of Red Dot.  

Archived