SASS Wire Forum

Reccomended for a Medal for Bravery

Noz

I took a short fall on my front porch. just standing to flat on my back.  The 3rd of June  another sleepy dusky day--------.  I hit hard enough that I spent almost 90 days divided between hospital, in-patient REHAB,  and NEURO REHAB.

My wife, "friends" and the NEURO SURGEON all agreed that my lack of balance, poor small muscle control, poor memory all added up to someone that should not be partaking of a nightly tot of Irish, should not be driving, and should not be waving loaded guns in the vicinity of innocent people.  I didn't agree and to prove it I went to an Ozark Posse shoot last Saturday.  I confidently sat behind the stage for three whole stages.  I then got up, went to J-Bar's van and slept until the shoot was over. Therefore proving my point.

J-Bar provided transportation because I haven't found my wife's hiding place for my truck keys.

While I was out of it(roughly 65 days of the 90 in question) my wife asked a cowboy friend to come gather all my guns and take them home with him.  He did.  I found out who and asked him to bring them home.  He told me "NO".  He said: "She was frightened enough that she asked him to do it and he would bring them back when she was cool enough to ask him to bring them back". 

As you would expect there has been a little more than "some" friction around Noz's hilltop especially since she also hid the whisky.

You have to admire Miss Lorrie for having the nerve to take the guns, booze and pickup truck from her Ozark Hillbilly. She has done all of this in an effort to keep me functional for at least some time into the future.

Nevertheless if there is a medal for domestic bravery, she should get one

Well, I will pray for love, healing, health, understanding, and God's grace for you and for your family and friends. May his blessings fall upon you and yours. 

Best wishes for a good recovery and getting back to normal.

Hope all works well for you Noz. May you fully recover and get back to the range. Your Lady likely did the right thing for you. Best Wishes

Eyesa & Ellie

Gee Noz, ya need to get better so we can make lots of smoke at the range. Do exactly what the little lady tells ya. Then ya do exactly what the doc says. We'll pray ya back to the shooten line, just get better!

NOZ!!!  You better toe the mark, Pard!!  We got your back!!  You mind the front!!

7 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Better do as she sez, as I'm look'n forward to meet'n ya. 

OLG

I bet we can work that out!

Good luck Noz  I hope you fully recover and get back to your normal abnormal self...that being said as all the frontiersmen I know could not be ever considered completely normal...

Now that is scary.  Thats the type of accident that would propel my daughters to insist I move into  the city with one of them.  Or worse.....off to Green Meadows Nursing Home!  Hope you get your chickens gathered on up and get better!

Archived