SASS Wire Forum

Chocolate chip cookies your way

Raylan

2 hours ago, Black Angus McPherson said:

Yeah, I'm gonna need a taste test.  Bake up about 4, better make that 5 dozen of each and send 'em to me.  I'll let you know which one is best.

Angus

Make it 6 dozen of each send them to me and I'll let you know which one is best. :P

I eat whatever my wife bakes. We put milk in the freezer while the cookies cool enough to eat. The first dozen is usually gone before the next dozen are done!

6 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

the cookies cool enough to eat

Not familiar with that concept. :P

1 minute ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

When they don't raise blisters on your fingers as your stealing them off the sheet. Fair game if Tracey isn't looking!

You Pards should be ashamed of Yeowndangself for teasing and tempting those of us who battle

sugar problems.

P.S. - just send me 1 dozen of each and I'll let you know which recipe to use.

I won't be greedy like those other Pards above..... :lol:

..........Widder

18 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

You Pards should be ashamed of Yeowndangself for teasing and tempting those of us who battle

sugar problems.

P.S. - just send me 1 dozen of each and I'll let you know which recipe to use.

I won't be greedy like those other Pards above..... :lol:

..........Widder

I wouldn't know how to eat without my pound of sugar every day....

On 11/7/2019 at 3:34 PM, Arizona Gunfighter said:

Make it 6 dozen of each send them to me and I'll let you know which one is best. :P

Oh, so it's a bidding war, is it?  Ok, send me 7 dozen and I'll get you two reviews.  (I'll send one dozen to Widder for his opinion)

Angus

p.s.  Maybe three reviews.  I'll let my wife have one or two of each, too.

Send me 8 dozen and I'll send a dozen to Widder to try and a dozen of the chewy recipe to Pat Riot to try and they can both help me do a review. It's your call Angus!

5 hours ago, Fence Cutter said:

1st Favorite = any cookie that someone else has baked.

2nd Favorite = any cookie that I buy.

1st is any cookie my wife :wub: bakes,

2nd Any cookie my Grandma :wub: bakes. Especially her Lep cookies that have aged 6 months.

5th anybody else's home baked cookie

10 store bought cookies

This makes the differences by changing the amounts of butter and sugar.  The Cookie Bible lists other techniques such as varying the baking time and temperature, refrigerating the cookies before baking, changing the ingredients slightly. When I get my copy unpacked, i’ll post a copy Of the page

On 11/7/2019 at 6:34 PM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Yankees do it that way.

Traditional Christmas biscochos made with lard,anise seed,sprinkled with sugar and aged in an air-tight cookie tin for at least two weeks.They melt in your mouth.Worth waiting for!

21 hours ago, Arizona Gunfighter said:

Send me 8 dozen and I'll send a dozen to Widder to try and a dozen of the chewy recipe to Pat Riot to try and they can both help me do a review. It's your call Angus!

I've got to think about this.  My blood sugar is getting high just thinking about 9 dozen of each........

OK, you win.  I'll get you next time.

Angus

Wondering if it's still a Federal crime to steal the packages off the stage coach on the way to AZ GF's place.  And if it'd be worth it.

Widder, if the cookies don 't make it to AZ's place, and a box of cookies shows up at yours, I don't know nothin' about it.

Thanks Angus, but my blood sugar's gone through the roof...….so I'll concede to you this time. Looks like Widder will get his cookies. ;)

On 11/7/2019 at 7:26 PM, Michigan Slim said:

I eat whatever my wife bakes. We put milk in the freezer while the cookies cool enough to eat. The first dozen is usually gone before the next dozen are done!

On 11/7/2019 at 7:34 PM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

On 11/9/2019 at 4:14 AM, Noz said:

Yankees do it that way.

Do not!

Archived