SASS Wire Forum

Aluma trailer

Perro Del Diablo

I'm considering getting a trailer to pull my bike on longer trips. Does anyone have experience with aluma trailer. At about $3000 they are little expensive for just a motorcycle trailer but weight is around 600lbs plus my bike I could pull even with my old 6 cyl Chevy with no problem.

5 hours ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

Weight savings compared to steel trailer of comparable size is likely no more than a few hundred pounds.  I'd buy steel and save my money

EXACTLY.

i have a steel, single axle 3,000 lb.(axle) trailer that weighs about 900lbs empty, and has a load capacity of 2,000 lbs.  Very highly versatile and will easily transport one or two bikes, or a ton of miscellaneous stuff to a new location or to the dump.  Think about that.  If you have a local trailer builder, he can help you out with custom features.  Cost when I got it was easily less than $3,000.

CB

Some questions 

How many miles are you going to tow it

What is your tow vehicle 

I have two different aluminum trailers 

one is 5 ft by 8 ft with 16 inch sides and rear ramp the golf cart fits in perfect

second trailer is 6 ft by 12ft flat bed that holds three  atv’s  it’s 22 years old and no rust 

with the price of fuel now days I wouldn’t have a steel trailer

I have an aluma motorcycle cargo trailer that I pull behind my motorcycle. Good trailer. The aluma’s are manufactured not very far from me

Archived