SASS Wire Forum

WTC

Kid Ray

7 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

And this is why I posed my question for the people that didnt know. It is easy for people to get confused on this and I wanted to show the difference to them.

Chief, you are wrong because the shooter didnt engage the targets in the correct order. The 3 rounds left in the revolver are SCORED as misses. This isn't a miss causing a P. It is in fact a P plus the 3 misses. Go back to that miss flow chart and see if they were engaged in the correct order.

TW,

I stand by call - three misses.

Think first five rounds - second five rounds.

Per your scenario: with first five rounds engage P1 twice then engage P2 three times, then with second five rounds engage P3 five times.

Shooter draws first revolver and engages P1 twice then holsters.  Shooter then draws second revolver and engages P3 five times.

The correct targets were hit in the correct order.

30 minutes ago, Chief Rick said:

TW,

Per your scenario: with first five rounds engage P1 twice then engage P2 three times, then with second five rounds engage P3 five times.

Shooter draws first revolver and engages P1 twice then holsters.  Shooter then draws second revolver and engages P3 five times.

Something to think about. Pistol string is both pistols, not 1 and 1. 

Target 2 was never engaged. There's the P.  3 rounds left in the first revolver. There's the 3 misses.

Theres a quote on the RO corner if I can find it.

7 hours ago, Chief Rick said:

TW,

Here is a scenario where the shooter holstered the first revolver before firing the last round out of it. He then fired the first revolver round out of the 2nd pistol at the target designated for the 6th round. P and a miss.

Screenshot_20190922-211054_Chrome.jpg

I'm not sure where you got this but, as a dualist I can shoot 1 round, holster, pull second pistol shoot 1 round, holster, pull first pistol shoot 1 round, holster, etc, etc. The shooting sequence is for the targets, not which pistol must shoot them. You'd be crazy slow but why a P? As long as I holster with the hammer down on a fired round I'm good.

Or am I crazy? Ignoring gunfighters in this, or.... they shoot 1 round from each pistol so they are shooting target sequence but firing by alternating rounds.

Ike

2 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

Something to think about. Pistol string is both pistols, not 1 and 1. 

Target 2 was never engaged. There's the P.  3 rounds left in the first revolver. There's the 3 misses.

Theres a quote on the RO corner if I can find it.

Well, I must admit that if Chief Rick is wrong..... then I'm also wrong because I think its just

3 misses.

Depending upon WHO is quoted from the "RO corner", I would exactly consider that as 

the gospel..... :lol:

P.S. - remember the recent Facebook conversation of the P and Miss?

QUESTION:  what if the shooter fired the 1st 9 rounds correctly and then holstered

the 2nd pistol without firing  the 10 round.   Would you also call that a P and a Miss

for non-engagement?

..........Widder

2 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Well, I must admit that if Chief Rick is wrong..... then I'm also wrong because I think its just

3 misses.

Depending upon WHO is quoted from the "RO corner", I would exactly consider that as 

the gospel..... :lol:

P.S. - remember the recent Facebook conversation of the P and Miss?

QUESTION:  what if the shooter fired the 1st 9 rounds correctly and then holstered

the 2nd pistol without firing  the 10 round.   Would you also call that a P and a Miss

for non-engagement?

..........Widder

No, that would not be a p because they weren't engaged out of order I don't think.

3 hours ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

I'm not sure where you got this but, as a dualist I can shoot 1 round, holster, pull second pistol shoot 1 round, holster, pull first pistol shoot 1 round, holster, etc, etc. The shooting sequence is for the targets, not which pistol must shoot them. You'd be crazy slow but why a P? As long as I holster with the hammer down on a fired round I'm good.

Or am I crazy? Ignoring gunfighters in this, or.... they shoot 1 round from each pistol so they are shooting target sequence but firing by alternating rounds.

Ike

Yep, Ike. You're nuttier than an outhouse at the peanut festival:ph34r:. Just kidding, I been waiting to be able to say that for 6 months.

You are absolutely correct about being able to alternate the pistols on target(as long as the stage inst dont say first pistol, second pistol). What you cant do, is just decide to not engage the targets in the correct order. That gets you a P. Let's go over it one mo agin:

Target sequence is 2 shots on 1st target, then 3 shots on 2nd target, then 5 shots on 3rd target.

Shooter shoots 2 shots on 1st target and holsters the pistol. Draws 2nd pistol and puts 5 rounds on target 3. Then goes to the ULT.

The shooter did not engage the targets in the correct order so that is a P. He had 3 rounds left in the 1st revolver so that is 3 misses.

3 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

You're nuttier than an outhouse at the peanut festival:ph34r:. Just kidding,

Is that worse or better than nuttier than squirrel poop ?  :lol:

3 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

(as long as the stage inst dont say first pistol, second pistol)

This is very poor stage writing by forcing Gunfighters to shoot double duelist.

5 hours ago, Yusta B. said:

This is very poor stage writing by forcing Gunfighters to shoot double duelist.

Stage instructions that specify separate revolvers such as “first pistol/second pistol,” “left revolver/right revolver,” or “with each handgun” are interpreted as “1st five shots/2nd five shots” when shooting Gunfighter style. 

SHB p.7

Archived