SASS Wire Forum

Stoeger Coach Recoil Pad and Dead Mule

bgavin

He's BACK!!!  :o   

Yep.  It's me again.  Sedalia Dave, Nate and GJ have dropped most everything you need to fix your quandary.  My sweetie is truly cross dominant and when she was shooting, we started her shooting left handed for everything.  Worked a treat.  Handguns shot double traditional, i.e left gun in left hand supported, right gun in right hand supported.  Rifle and shotgun both shot left hand.  She is right hand.  It works.  It takes lots of practice.

First things first.  Before you attack the Stoeger with a saw, take it to shotgun guy familiar with forcing cones and get yours recut as deep as you can go.  Then worry about length.  Scroll up this thread to the Gal shooting the stack-barrel for Aguila and peruse the relationship of her Nose to her Thumb Knuckle (I love the pistol grip on the stack-barrel).  Good starting point.  For toe angle, place the stock inna mitre saw and cut 4 degrees forward toe from the comb.

Additionally.  Just for grins and giggles.  Even though I know you don't want one > > > > I swapped my sweetie into an '97, cut to fit and she never looked back.  None of the Gals I have helped and had them switch to a '97 ever wanted to go back to a double gun.  And I personally DO NOT like '97s.  When setting HER up  it ain't about YOU at all.

3 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Additionally.  Just for grins and giggles.  Even though I know you don't want one > > > > I swapped my sweetie into an '97, cut to fit and she never looked back.  None of the Gals I have helped and had them switch to a '97 ever wanted to go back to a double gun.  And I personally DO NOT like '97s.  When setting HER up  it ain't about YOU at all.

+1, My Ellie won't give up her '97 either. So far, she won't let me cut the stock either! She is also shooting left handed for a righty due to being blind in right eye. She does shoot pistols right handed however.

Archived