SASS Wire Forum

BUGLER! BOOTS AND SADDLES, IF YOU PLEASE!

NEW UPDATE AS OF 11-6, 1:38 PM:

Woke up at 4 PM (midnight shift this week) to the following text from Baby Sis:

"Just talked to the doctor.

Surgery went well and Jim is in recovery.

Should be able to see him soon.

Praise God!"

This wasn't good enough so I gave her a Ringy Ding at 5 PM.

She said they're just now getting him into a room and he wants chili cheese fries.

(Not so fast, cowboy! -- but he's got something to look forward to!)
Jim looked at Baby Sis and wise cracked that he's like a Shark vacuum now.

He's bagless!

(His words.  Rotten sense of humor.  Rotten, I say!)

ORIGINAL POST:

Prayer Posse, check your cinch and tighten your spur straps.

The man's name is Jim, he's a retired logger and he married my baby sis.

The man wears the Square and Compasses and a truly glorious handlebar mustache, he has blue eyes that sparkle with mischief and merriment, he has a truly rotten sense of humor, and he can drive a stake in the ground, then drop a tree very precisely on that stake.

Surgeons removed a section of his intestine; things went wrong, a stub end came untied and he nearly died of peritonitis.

This is a couple of years ago.

Multiple attempts at reconnecting the plumbing and getting rid of the bag on his side.

Today he's getting ready for pre-op for the final reconnection.

This man has had a long and hard road of it, multiple surgeries were either "not successful" or downright failures, today will tell the tale ... if his preoperative tests check out OK, he'll go home in a day or three wearing cardboard underwear, unless he makes good on his threat to mount trailer wheels on a blue plastic Porta Pottie and ride home in that.

I told him if he decides to trailer the rolling outhouse, make sure he had plenty of reading material, otherwise it'll get awful boring, and he laughed and said he'd have the only wheeled outhouse on I-77 with stereo, a big screen TV and every episode of Hee Haw on DVD!

In my years on this earth I've found it possible to implore the aid and assistance of the Almighty while hanging upside down by my knees through the sunroof of a wrecked car while starting a jugular IV, my only light the penlight between my teeth -- it is entirely possible to pray effectively while running full-bore along a muddy riverbank with a double handful of twelve gauge, chasing the man that already took one shot at the town Marshal -- many's the time I have sent up a heartfelt entreaty with my hoof hard down on the go pedal and 460 rompin' stompin' cubic inches of four barrel Ford go power sang power under the doghouse and a hundred watts of Federal electronic siren screamed at traffic that didn't want to move:  if you could join me in entreating the Almighty to grant this worthy distressed Brother relief of a non Masonic variety, I would be very much obliged!

Been thru a similar situation 25 years ago, so I know what he is experiencing. I still have a colostomy as they could not hook me back up.

Praying for my Brother Hiram.

I had half my colon removed on July 2. They told me going into it that no matter how good the surgeon, or how healthy the patient 5% of the time the parts don't reconnect right. I was fortunate and everything worked out. I am very sorry for your brother-in-law. I will pray that the surgery works and things get fixed.

Update as of 5:30 PM:

Surgery is a GO,  tomorrow morning they do the work: Baby Sis says their be-there time at the Horse Pistol is 8 AM.

Baby Sis also thanks you all most kindly for the bending of your knees, as do I!

Prayers to the Great Architect of the Universe for a successful surgery today and full recovery in the future.

Duffield 

Archived