SASS Wire Forum

REST IN HEAVEN STONEY BURKE [Michael (Mike) Barr]

FROM CARLY BARR HAMILTON, Stoney's daughter:

I don’t even have words to describe how I feel right now.  He was loved by so many and will be missed so much. RIP daddy I love you more than you’ll ever know. Your grandbabies will miss their papa.

I started a fundraising campaign for Stoney’s Funeral Expenses. Please tap to donate- https://www.gofundme.com/f/stoneys-funeral-expenses?utm_medium=sms&utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow&pc=sm_co_shareflow_m

Michael, Mike aka Stoney was loved by so many. He was a husband, father, grandfather, father in law, friend, brother, uncle... He truly had a heart of gold and it shows by all the love and support we’ve been shown the last couple of days. Thank you to each and every one of you who have reached out. We truly appreciate it and sorry if we haven’t gotten back to you.

As you all know this is a very difficult time for us. Nobody can prepare themselves fully for the heartache losing a love one brings. 

Stoney had a way of touching everyone’s heart that he met. Shoot, even some people that he hasn’t met in person still felt like they knew him in some way shape or form. He was just an all around good guy. He had many hobbies and different groups of friends such as his SASS/shooting community, his biker community, and he liked to golf from time to time. He was a builder by trade. He probably helped every neighbor on or street in Yorba Linda in one way or another with their house. From a new roof,
kitchen or bathroom. 

As most of you know, he just lived out his dream to move to Prescott Valley.  Unfortunately that was short loved but thankful he did it. He was going to do what he wanted / no matter what. That’s just who he was. He was a hard headed opinionated genuine stubborn loving man. In the short time he was there he made so many friends and became close with his neighbor.  He was a social butterfly and lived his life to the fullest.

I could go on and on and on and I look forward to doing so at his celebration of life in the upcoming weeks. We are just starting the process of planning the event and will keep everyone up to date as we plan. I went back and forth about doing this or not butas we started the process we quickly learned that there are large costs associated with it and could use a little help for his funeral expenses and to get all his belongings back to California. 

i will update this post as we plan Stoney's celebration of life. 

thank you, Carly

UPDATE

REMEMBERING STONEY BURKE [Mike Barr], long time member of The Cowboys [Coto Cowboys]---

Stoney’s Celebration of Life - November 23rd

Cooks Corner
19152 Santiago Canyon Rd
Trabuco Canyon, CA 92679
United States

Starts at 11AM. Lunch to be served at 12:30PM

I will miss him so much.  Many many fun times we had at END OF TRAIL from the 1990s and all shooting events at THE COWBOYS, NORCO..  He was my party pard.  He could have hung out with anyone, but he always chose me. When Stoney began his love of motorcycles, and cowboy events were getting smaller, he only stopped by to see us occasionally.  Luckily, he and I messaged weekly on Facebook the last 5 years to keep up, including through his recent move to AZ, and even up to a few days ago. We were chatting about me and a few others going to visit him in Prescott this month.  I had the privilege of teaching his granddaughter Hailey to swim this past June.  He was so proud of his family.

Stoney me 2015.jpg

Stoney's motorcycle 2015.jpg

Stoney Me Mojave.jpg

CC & Stoney saloon sm.jpg

CC & Stoney saloon 2.jpg

My heartfelt condolences to you and the family. :(

Prayers goin up for all of Stoney's family & friends. Our sincere condolences.

Eyesa & Ellie

Another pard I didn't get to meet!!  I know of him from those who had the privilege of sharing time with him!!

Peace and comfort to his family and friends!  You will remember him with a smile as time goes by.

THNX BLACKIE

THNX ALL

Archived