SASS Wire Forum

Best view---

OLG, when you get settled let us know.  Most of us shoot with, Southern Missouri Rangers, Ozark Posse, Bear Creek Volunteers and a bunch more within an easy drive.

Welcome and go ahead and keep the fire stirred nicely.  We can handle it.

Oh No! The only reason I moved here was to finally get to shoot with you and you up and move away?...(not really but it sounds dramatic) ;)

Actually, I am bummed, but I am happy for you. :)

Now that you live there you really need to check out Bass Pro in Springfield, even though I am mad at them, it is still quite a place. Great place to buy a coat and gloves. You’ll need them since your blood is probably thinner than wine from living in the desert. :D
You also need to consider taking up bass fishing. ;)

Enjoy your new home Lumpy. I am happy for you. 

3 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Oh No! The only reason I moved here was to finally get to shoot with you and you up and move away?...(not really but it sounds dramatic) ;)

Actually, I am bummed, but I am happy for you. :)

Now that you live there you really need to check out Bass Pro in Springfield, even though I am mad at them, it is still quite a place. Great place to buy a coat and gloves. You’ll need them since your blood is probably thinner than wine from living in the desert. :D
You also need to consider taking up bass fishing. ;)

Enjoy your new home Lumpy. I am happy for you. 

Must investigate the reason. Your deodorant?  You get DQs? You have a black gun?

2 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Must investigate the reason. Your deodorant?  You get DQs? You have a black gun?

Nah...I think he got sick of the silliness :D

Not mine, this state’s. ;)

That and a dollar goes quite a bit further elsewhere. 

I could never let my wife get that close to Bass Pro Shops. I’d be bankrupt in a month. This is a woman who considers fishing lures jewelry 

We left California for Nevada 22 years ago. Wife was sort of OK with it. 6 months later she went back to visit her sisters. And I quote, "I can't believe we lived in that crap and put up with it".

Unfortunately with all the immigrants from California, Nevada is now tracking to become eastern California.

Ike

3 hours ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

We left California for Nevada 22 years ago. Wife was sort of OK with it. 6 months later she went back to visit her sisters. And I quote, "I can't believe we lived in that crap and put up with it".

Unfortunately with all the immigrants from California, Nevada is now tracking to become eastern California.

Ike

Yep.
Housing prices in Carson City, Minden, Gardnerville and Johnson Lane all reflect this.
NV has a Democrat gun-control governor...  a real pity.

That is awesome!!!

We have been looking down there as well.

Met some good pards down that way last year.

Can't wait to put the Illinois tax-a-thon behind us.

Well welcome to Missouri!! They gave you the list of shooten places. Southern Missouri Rangers shoot tomorrow and the 23rd of November. You'll get to know J-Bar real good. Will see ya sometime at one of the SMR shoots! Don't forget Branson, Silver Dollar City, and all the lakes in Missery. Fall colors are hitting real good right now. Will have to get together, come down to Springfield once a month sometimes join J-Bar and his better half for lunch.

House sold the day before it was listed, to a neighbor at our asking price. 

The house was paid for too.

Moved because Ima:wub: received a promotion within Sam's Club,  and there was an opening here.

If you know my wife's:wub: family history (last name is Schofield) her family has deep roots here.

As soon as we get settled in.  We will be checking out the local SASS clubs for sure:excl:

Thank you all for the welcome to our forever home.;)

OLG

1 minute ago, bgavin said:

Good to hear about the deep roots.

My bud moved to TN, stayed 5 years and came back because he was an "outsider."

Could it have been the dresses he was wearing at the time? :lol::P

OLG

I've often thought of where I'd move if things became too Californicated here in WA. Besides the increasing number of gun laws the sales and property taxes are getting out of sight, and traffic around Seattle is getting nearly as bad as Los Angeles. I thought maybe I'd move back east and sample the air there, and since I've been to Virginia twice and fell in love with the place I thought maybe there. But after last night's disaster it appears that's another state I will have to cross off my list. We conservatives are running out of places to run to, almost like we're fish inside a lake that's drying up.

HEY!!  LUMP!!   Look for me 'n' Tn. Stud after the first of the year!!  Give you time to settle in before we come out and visit!!

Pat Riot's wise counsel about bass fishing is sound!
Keep a fine stone in your Tackle Box and keep your hooks absolutely sharp ... you are in for a treat!
Delighted at your change!

Archived