SASS Wire Forum

Rowdy Riley got her own Widder soft stroke

Tennessee williams

My daughter Rowdy Riley had her 9th birthday the other day. She got a new Widder Henry soft stroke. I took advantage of the TN state pricing and got a great deal. It's slicker than snot on a door knob and she loves it. I need to pick up a couple of Wranglers and she will be set for matches. She shoots my .38s at home but I think she will like having her own .22 set up so she doesn't have to use my guns. Ok, you got me. So I dont have to share.

The widdersoft stroke is one of the most amazing rifles out there. I have a golden boy that he worked on and it is absolutely the smoothest. 
if you don’t have one you should get one. They’re not just for kids. Every adult cowboy action shooter that I let shoot it can’t believe how fast you can run it.

JWidder did one of these for me for my grandson!!  He turned it over to Slater for the trigger job too!!  Wish my 1860 Henry ran that smooth!!

If you have a Henry lever action .22 rifle, GET YOU SOME OF THAT!!!

27 minutes ago, oak creek martin said:

The widdersoft stroke is one of the most amazing rifles out there. I have a golden boy that he worked on and it is absolutely the smoothest. 
if you don’t have one you should get one. They’re not just for kids. Every adult cowboy action shooter that I let shoot it can’t believe how fast you can run it.

I've got a golden boy soft stroke. The stock was too long for her, so I got her a youth model. 

FYI:

Slater has a few new Henry 'Soft Stroke's available from the TN State match.

These are already set up and ready to rock-n-roll.  BUT, if you prefer to Waltz, they'll

give a whole new meaning to the "Tennessee Waltz".....  :D

..........Widder

Archived