SASS Wire Forum

Sleeping

Utah Bob #35998

Yes! Best bed ever. I love mine and it is 14 years old and still works fantastically. We have changed the top cover several times but that is cheap. 
When we bought ours we went for the big deal where you get the unit that raises and lowers the head and foot of the bed. That part was a bit of a waste as we leave it flat mostly but it has come in handy in the past. 
If I ever have to replace my bed we will get another Sleep Number bed. 

People either love them or a generally dissatisfied with them. Leaking bladders can be a real problem.

Be sure to read the fine print about trial periods and which items are included in the trial.

5 Common Sleep Number Bed Problems and Complaints

Just wanted to add that we had one controller go bad and they replaced it right away free of charge after we had the bed for 8 or 9 years. Also, I lost some hoses in our move to Oregon 6 years ago and they sent replacements free of charge overnight. That’s pretty darn good customer service. 

We keep talking about getting one at the end of our move. Just what changed about your sleep? My wife snores enough to keep me awake and if I don't take a sleep aid I toss and turn all night.

54 minutes ago, Cholla said:

We keep talking about getting one at the end of our move. Just what changed about your sleep? My wife snores enough to keep me awake and if I don't take a sleep aid I toss and turn all night.

She really needs to have the doctor order a sleep evaluation. The most common cause of snoring is apnea which can lead to serious problems. I resisted doing anything for years then about 5 years ago I had it done and now I use a cpap machine nightly. My wife can finally get a good nights sleep. Besides being annoying, the apnea was putting undue stress on my heart. Not good.

1 minute ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

She really needs to have the doctor order a sleep evaluation. The most common cause of snoring is apnea which can lead to serious problems. I resisted doing anything for years then about 5 years ago I had it done and now I use a cpap machine nightly. My wife can finally get a good nights sleep. Besides being annoying, the apnea was putting undue stress on my heart. Not good.

We already know she has sleep apnea but she has a silicone allergy which almost every mask is made from. She needs to find a cloth-lined mask but that's a low priority to her. Right now she's focused on taking care of her dad and our daughter.

The wife and I got the basic model about 12 years ago.  Added a 3 inch memory foam mattress pad from Costco.  Have replaced the foam mattress pad once.  Had tried a regular bed after sleeping on a water bed for 18 years and my arthritic shoulders couldn't handle it.  Hop in the sack, put on my cpap and sleep like a baby on the sleep number.

2 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Leaking bladders can be a real problem.

Getting kind of personal ain't ya Dave? LOL!!!!!!!

Seriously, had ours for years and love it! When my old shoulders act up a quick adjustment and all is good and it doesn't bother the wife's side. 

6 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Anybody have a Sleep Number bed?

I have two of the previous models, Select Comfort.   One  is a queen size (guest room) about ten years old, and the other is "California king, nearly eighteen years old.  Same bed except without the number feature.. You just have to push the button to firm it up or soften it  to your liking.

No problems with either one and the only person who doesn't like them id mu son in law.  There is a foam divider between the two bladders and he likes to sleep wrapped around his wife 

:ph34r:  We've had a California king model in a homemade redwood frame/headboard for 20 years and love it.   Run it at 95/100.  Added a foam mattress topper.  Replaced air pump once at about 10 years (free).

Slight elevation at the head can often cure snoring troubles.

We replaced our tempurpedic with a sleep number 4 months ago and it was the best decision we ever made. We went whole hog and got the top of the line i10 split king.  With my physical issues I need a really soft mattress and only the Sleep Number has one soft enough.  We have the adjustable base, and it even comes with a night light. We also got the heating/cooling pads, and they are very pricey but worth every penny.

We just bought a new mattress/bed 2 weeks ago. Looked at Sleep Number, but decided that we just didn't need it. We both like a firm mattress, so the dual settings didn't make sense and the SN is pretty pricey. Ended up at Sleep- n-Air in Farmington and bought an adjustable frame and mattress. We can elevate the head or foot of the mattress. It is very comfortable.

5 minutes ago, MAYOBARD SASS #13025L said:

I have a Tempurpedic bed.  I love it. 

Same here.

Archived