SASS Wire Forum

Custom made clothing

Dude Slade

Howdy!

I did some searching, and I couldn't really find anything, so I figured I'd make a post.

I'm a big guy, and I'm having a hard time finding old west clothing in my sizes. Thought it may be worth asking if there are any folks in the game who will make clothes to fit measurements for those who can't find pre-made? I'd really like a couple of old style shirts with the stand up collar, and maybe the button bib too, and some trousers with the saddle gusset as well.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Dude

Where did you search?

Wild West Mercantile is one of our sponsors https://www.wwmerc.com/cgi-bin/Category.cgi?category=home&type=store

Might call Denham's (256) 878-3641. Susan orders from both Scully's and Frontier Classics. They're located in Alabama and vend at a bunch of shoots in the SE; great folks to deal with.

Just now, Tyrel Cody said:

Where did you search?

Wild West Mercantile is one of our sponsors https://www.wwmerc.com/cgi-bin/Category.cgi?category=home&type=store

Might call Denham's (256) 878-3641. Susan orders from both Scully's and Frontier Classics. They're located in Alabama and vend at a bunch of shoots in the SE; great folks to deal with.

I searched here in the forums. I've looked at Wild West Mercantile, they don't have them that will fit me. Scully's and Frontier Classics don't either. Scully's is starting to make some vests and shirts big enough, but not the kind of shirts I'm looking for.

Just now, Sedalia Dave said:

Duluth Trading Co sells henleys and western style button shirts in big and tall sizes.

Sheplers and Spur Western Wear also offer big and tall sizes.

I've ordered from Spur Western Wear, they're great, BUT... they don't have the type of shirts I'm asking about in my size. Newer western shirts are no problem... it's the old west style ones that I've found are only going up to about 4X. I'm bigger than that. :(

Miss Annie Sewansew. Makes custom shirts and other things.

Have seen some she does and they look nice. So ordered some from her.

She is out of Clear Lake WI.

leatherandlogs@chibardum.net

(715) 455-1318

Search for "banded collar shirt" or "Mandarin Collar shirt" and include the size you are looking for.

Here is one to get you started. Available up to a 6XLT
Edwards Men's Banded Collar Shirt

This henley is available in up to 7X or 6XLT

Amazon Essentials Men's Big & Tall Long-Sleeve Henley Shirt fit by DXL                                                                                                                        

12 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Search for "banded collar shirt" or "Mandarin Collar shirt" and include the size you are looking for.

Here is one to get you started. Available up to a 6XLT
Edwards Men's Banded Collar Shirt

This henley is available in up to 7X or 6XLT

Amazon Essentials Men's Big & Tall Long-Sleeve Henley Shirt fit by DXL                                                                                                                        

Don't want a Henley, BUT the Edward's shirt is a find! Thank you sir!

19 minutes ago, Anvil Al #59168 said:

(715) 455-1318

Thank you very much! I will get up with her!

Dude,

I also make shirts.  I vend at some matches in the PA, MD, NY and DE area.  The largest I make is a 3X and they run pretty true to size.  Feel free to message me if you are interested in more info.

River Junction makes their own clothing.   https://www.riverjunction.com

The blue shirt in my profile photo is going on 12 yrs and still looks great. 

Mr. Dude, check out the major Sutleryers. Regimental Quartermasters, C & C Sutlery, etc. or google Civil War reenactment clothing. There must be 25 or more. They make reenactment clothes to order. The pants I had on Sunday came from C & C.

On 11/4/2019 at 10:30 AM, Anvil Al #59168 said:

(715) 455-1318

+1  I bought 2 shirts from her.  Good prices and handmade quality.  She told me to look her up on Facebook, she has pictures of the clothes (men and women's) and the fabrics which she's always updating.

Hey Dude, just buy two identical shirts, cut the left arm off one and the right arm off the other and then sow them together to form a seam up the back.:D

15 hours ago, Major BS Walker Regulator said:

Hey Dude, just buy two identical shirts, cut the left arm off one and the right arm off the other and then sow them together to form a seam up the back.:D

Hahahaha! If I did two different shirts, it would be really cool! :wacko:

I've checked out everything, and I've been in touch with Annie, and I'm very impressed with her. Very much looking forward to getting some stuff made by her! Thank you to everyone for your help! Much appreciated!

Dude

Definitely look at River Junction Trading, I believe they are in Iowa, they specialize in authentic old west clothing...

On 11/4/2019 at 10:08 AM, Dude Slade said:

Howdy!

I did some searching, and I couldn't really find anything, so I figured I'd make a post.

I'm a big guy, and I'm having a hard time finding old west clothing in my sizes. Thought it may be worth asking if there are any folks in the game who will make clothes to fit measurements for those who can't find pre-made? I'd really like a couple of old style shirts with the stand up collar, and maybe the button bib too, and some trousers with the saddle gusset as well.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Dude

You might call Matt Hamilton at Hamilton Dry Goods, he might be able to help you.

https://www.hamiltondrygoods.com/

Randy

Greetings,

Leathers Orginals, Annie Hillman does a great job. She makes clothes to fit all shapes and sizes for cowboys and cowgirls.  You will be very pleased with the quality and the clothes don’t shrink.  We have clothes from her along with a lot of friends.   
You can send me a pm for her number. 
Hail Hot Mary. 

Another place you can't go wrong, Terry's Sewing Shop in Viroqua, Wisconsin. Met Terry, (and maybe Annie Hillman too) at an NCOWS convention in Davenport, Iowa a few years ago. Bought some and had some made from Terry. She also makes clothes for Michael Martin Murphy, country recording artist. She has a great eye for putting it all together.

Terry belongs to SASS and NCOWS.

Actually just emailed her about a jacket.

terryssewingshop.com

terrysew@frontiernet.net

(608)637-3890

Archived