SASS Wire Forum

Standard or Daylight Saving Time

Utah Bob #35998

I was happy to find that Windows 7 is still confused about time... or more likely, the Microsoft time server.
It went an hour in the wrong direction, so I had to manually change the time.
I use time.gov for this, and the twice-yearly resetting of my Casio digital watch.

Frankly, I prefer year-round DST, but STD time will give us more daylight for our Monday AM trap group.

The crowd goes wild: “DST!, DST!, DST!”

The crowd votes: “DST!, DST!, DST!”

The state government gets involved: “dst, dst, dst, dst”

The Congress gets involved: “You must change some of your own laws before the state can pass this bill.”

Lobbyists for banks and shipping companies start dropping in on Congressional offices with small bags of loot. 

The State Houses convene to discuss law changes. 

Special interest groups want riders installed with the changes made to state laws to accommodate their interests. “Lesbian Mammoth Seals need their own beach and must be accommodated!”

The State Houses are at a standstill over funding for the beach. 

State biologists find that the Lesbian Mammoth Seal beach is also home to the Golden Stinging Lisper Wasp, a completely unknown insect up to this point. 

A shout goes up that TWO endangered species need accommodation and it must be addressed. Petitions are made and shoppers from all over the state are subjected to badgering to sign petitions to save these two endangered species. 

The petitions are successful and after two years the Lesbian Mammoth Seals and the Golden Stinging Lisper Wasp have their beach.

The residents of the surrounding communities are angry as half their beach is now off limits and they sue the state. All legislation and enforcement of the new LMS/GSLW Beach are put on hold pending the outcome of the lawsuit. 

Five years go by and the beach community wins. The settlement is that they give up half of LMS/GSLW Beach and the community gets a new beachfront facelift to attract more business into the area. 

Somewhere in central California a man shows up at work at a bakery an hour early because he forgot to dry his clock back an hour. The supervisor laughs because he had done the same thing, so they make coffee and start their day. 
The man says “Hey, didn’t we vote a few years ago to end this crap and stay with Daylight Savings Time year round?”

The supervisor says “Yeah we did. I wonder what happened to that? Hey, did you see in the paper that those seals those activists claimed were lesbians actually weren’t? The males appear female because there is no differentiation in markings between males and females. And that wasp? They only found one and it turned out to be something that someone from another country had deposited on the beach from their sandals. What a freakin’ waste of money, huh?”

55 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

The crowd goes wild: “DST!, DST!, DST!”

The crowd votes: “DST!, DST!, DST!”

The state government gets involved: “dst, dst, dst, dst”

The Congress gets involved: “You must change some of your own laws before the state can pass this bill.”

Lobbyists for banks and shipping companies start dropping in on Congressional offices with small bags of loot. 

The State Houses convene to discuss law changes. 

Special interest groups want riders installed with the changes made to state laws to accommodate their interests. “Lesbian Mammoth Seals need their own beach and must be accommodated!”

The State Houses are at a standstill over funding for the beach. 

State biologists find that the Lesbian Mammoth Seal beach is also home to the Golden Stinging Lisper Wasp, a completely unknown insect up to this point. 

A shout goes up that TWO endangered species need accommodation and it must be addressed. Petitions are made and shoppers from all over the state are subjected to badgering to sign petitions to save these two endangered species. 

The petitions are successful and after two years the Lesbian Mammoth Seals and the Golden Stinging Lisper Wasp have their beach.

The residents of the surrounding communities are angry as half their beach is now off limits and they sue the state. All legislation and enforcement of the new LMS/GSLW Beach are put on hold pending the outcome of the lawsuit. 

Five years go by and the beach community wins. The settlement is that they give up half of LMS/GSLW Beach and the community gets a new beachfront facelift to attract more business into the area. 

Somewhere in central California a man shows up at work at a bakery an hour early because he forgot to dry his clock back an hour. The supervisor laughs because he had done the same thing, so they make coffee and start their day. 
The man says “Hey, didn’t we vote a few years ago to end this crap and stay with Daylight Savings Time year round?”

The supervisor says “Yeah we did. I wonder what happened to that? Hey, did you see in the paper that those seals those activists claimed were lesbians actually weren’t? The males appear female because there is no differentiation in markings between males and females. And that wasp? They only found one and it turned out to be something that someone from another country had deposited on the beach from their sandals. What a freakin’ waste of money, huh?”

California politics in a nuts hell.

Kaya thought I was out of my mind when I woke her up at 5:30 this morning instead of 6:30 to go hunting. Time change Punkin. Sunrise didn't change. The clock did! 

We're on stand now.

Howdy,

One of my friends is of the opinion that conus should all be on one time.

No zones, no changes.

To easy, is what I think.

Best

CR

Today I timed right at 30 minutes to change all the clocks

but missed the one in the car.  ONLY one changed by itself.

And I took time to check it.

I see nothing wrong with driving home in the dark (ST) but driving to work in the dark is not to my liking. That was when I was working. But I don't care what time we go to , just stay there!!! I can get used to most anything after our last president.

23 minutes ago, Chili Ron said:

One of my friends is of the opinion that conus should all be on one time

Your friend is a moron.

Let's say CONUS went completely to Central. When the kids here get to school by 8AM, in Maine the sun says it's 10, while in LA the sun (if such a thing exists out there behind the smog) says it's 6. In the winter California kids will be waiting for the bus at 6AM, and the sun won't be up for three hours. The Maine kids, getting off the bus at 4PM, and the sun has been down for two hours.

In the summer California would almost be the land of the midnight sun - sundown at 11, maybe 11:30.

I grew up in Idaho.
Boise is due North of San Diego, but they are in different time zones.

It stays light quite late in the summer in Boise, not so in San Diego.
However, it gets light in San Diego very early in the AM during the summer.
That is one of the nicest times of the day.

4 minutes ago, bgavin said:

I grew up in Idaho.
Boise is due North of San Diego, but they are in different time zones.

It stays light quite late in the summer in Boise, not so in San Diego.
However, it gets light in San Diego very early in the AM during the summer.
That is one of the nicest times of the day.

I was raised in North San Diego County.   I  now live in Sonoma County. Been here since the early '80s and I'm still not used to how late it gets dark in the summer. There is something like a 46 minute difference in the sunset times. 

I'm for D.S.T. because during the summer on C.S.T. the sun would come up at 4:30am and light out at 3:45am. With the animals time never changes with them, they get up at light, go to sleep at dark.

35 minutes ago, Henry T Harrison said:

Living in Amish country it’s really confusing they don’t change to DST

Just like Arizona~!  :D

Find one and stick with it fer cryin' out loud!!  The clock in the living room is too high for Schoolmarm to reach it!!  If I ain't the first one up when the time changes, she B!TC#&$ at me 'cause she cain't reach it without getting the little ladder!!

I call  DST..Mickey Mouse Time' cos it ain't real..thankfully in my home state of Queensland we don't have it as the majority don't want it.. !!!!!!

The rest of Australia does in the Summer but I say they can stick it 'where the sun don't shine.

8 hours ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

One of my friends is of the opinion that conus should all be on one time.

No zones, no changes.

To easy, is what I think.

Best

CR

Today I timed right at 30 minutes to change all the clocks

but missed the one in the car.  ONLY one changed by itself.

And I took time to check it.

Soviet Union did that.the entire country on Moscow time.  The sun rose in Vladivostok between midnight and 4 am.

actually I think it was even worse.

Standard time!  If you want to go to work early that should be a matter for the bargaining table, not state law.  I don't want my grand kids going to school in the dark in the winter.

43 minutes ago, Kulshan 20262 said:

Standard time!  If you want to go to work early that should be a matter for the bargaining table, not state law.  I don't want my grand kids going to school in the dark in the winter.

California's Emperor Newsom just signed a new law - high school kids cannot start school until 8:30 or later.  Reckon the li'l dears need their rest....  :rolleyes:

14 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Soviet Union did that.the entire country on Moscow time.  The sun rose in Vladivostok between midnight and 4 am.

actually I think it was even worse.

China has one time zone also. Let’s not copy the commies.

at least the clock in my truck is right six months out of the year...

Archived