SASS Wire Forum

When did you start eating solid food?

Alpo

When my granddaughter was born my daughter nursed her for more than a year before she gave her anything to eat. I kept telling her that kid's got jaws. Got some teeth in them. Let her eat something. Don't force her to drink all the time.

She told me I obviously knew nothing about raising a baby.

I showed her my baby book. Mama was feeding me cereal when I was four days old.

Hazel said that explained a lot about me.

43 minutes ago, Alpo said:

When my granddaughter was born my daughter nursed her for more than a year before she gave her anything to eat. I kept telling her that kid's got jaws. Got some teeth in them. Let her eat something. Don't force her to drink all the time.

She told me I obviously knew nothing about raising a baby.

I showed her my baby book. Mama was feeding me cereal when I was four days old.

Hazel said that explained a lot about me.

Cocoa Puffs?

Had to verify with the wife. My twin sons (38 now) were getting cereal at 2 weeks.  But they were good-sized already.  23inches tall and 8 1/2 lbs   each.    GW

I am pretty sure that shortly after my birth I asked for a hamburger. Once I discovered cheese as a Toddler a whole new world opened up for me. ;)

Moms decide, I guess.  Chew up a granola bar an give her little bites.  

I baby sat little ones when I was a young kid.   I’d bottlenurse them and I’d also feed them (not a lot!) smashed-up canned carrots, some potato, bits of cereal, etc.  I’d tell the moms it was time to do that, because I never sat for new borns, except once.  Then my mom came over to sit with me and show me some stuff.

Cat Brules

About 5 days after my colon opertion.

I starting eating solid food right after they unwired my jaw and I got my teeth replaced. And I never answered the question, "Does this make me look fat?" truthfully again. 

Years ago, I climbed the mountain and asked the All Wise One that very question.  He said, "Solid and non-solid, it is all one.  The distance between the nuclei of the atoms and their electron shells means that all things are equally hollow.  That'll be five bucks.  Next . . ."

You aughta go some time.

Archived