SASS Wire Forum

For those of you with older siblings

Alpo

Does it bother you if they refer to you as their little brother/sister?

My brother will be 61in a couple of days. He gets totally bent when I say he's my little brother. I don't get it. I'm three years older. That makes me his big brother, and him my little brother.

I started to ask if he was weird or was it me, but I'm pretty sure I know what y'all would say.:P

I have an older sister who makes a point of calling me her "baby brother," or, if I'm lucky, her "little brother." Yes, it annoys me to no end.

If she was older than me, she would be my big sister. If she was younger, she would be my little sister.

Ain't never heard nobody say older and younger around here. It's big and little.

18 minutes ago, Alpo said:

If she was older than me, she would be my big sister. If she was younger, she would be my little sister.

Ain't never heard nobody say older and younger around here. It's big and little.

There's a saying we have around here that goes like this:

"Right is right, even if nobody is doing it.  And Wrong is Wrong, even if EVERYBODY is doing it".

:lol::lol:

P.S. - what if you had a twin that was born right before or right after you.

Would that still be your bigger/little brother/sister?

Or would it be your older/younger twin?

..........Widder

51 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Does it bother you if they refer to you as their little brother/sister?

My brother will be 61in a couple of days. He gets totally bent when I say he's my little brother. I don't get it. I'm three years older. That makes me his big brother, and him my little brother.

I started to ask if he was weird or was it me, but I'm pretty sure I know what y'all would say.:P

My oldest brother is several inches shorter than me I out grew him around age 12. I outway him by 50 lbs or more. He calls me his little brother I've got no problems. We usually get some laughs with it.

My oldest brother is 12 years older than I, my youngest brother is 7 years my senior. I have no problem with them calling me their little brother.  
Oh..
I also overtop them by at least a hand.

My mom holding me not long after I came into the world, and my three brothers.

Mary Lovell, holding Joseph.  Mike, John, and Rob.  1957Lovell Family Photos, most pre-1960 092.jpg

I don’t care if my brother calls me his little brother.  It doesn’t diminish me.

He is, after all, my brother, and I love him.

Cat Brules

My sister’s 4 years older. Doesn’t bother me at all.

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

You asked, I answered. I can't help it if you don't like the answer I gave! :P

I tend to think in terms of age, hence older and younger. Also, I think she does the "baby brother" thing not because it is dialect, but to be somewhat pretentious and superior. 

13 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I was replying to Widder. You just happened to post before I finished.

Oops! LOL

My sister, who passed away two years ago, was 8 yrs older than me. She always referred to me as her "older" brother!:lol:

I miss her:(

Good point.

There are three of us. To boy #1, I (#2) would be his older brother, as I am three years older than boy #3. He has two brothers, and since I am the older of the two, I am his older brother. But I'm not his big brother. I'm his little brother. By eighteen months.

Raspberry.gif.3fb4c0403c01effc7c7c72934e1e07dd.gif

My brother is 7 years older than me. He used to call me his little brother until I became "bigger" than him when I was 14. He was fond of berating me and beating the crap out of me. When I got him down and beat the crap out of him I became "his brother". Never liked being called little brother.

Ike

I'm the oldest of three.  My brother was my "baby brother" until he turned 50.  Now he's just my brother.  We have a sister in between so he is the one that has to differentiate between sisters.

I have 2 older brothers and 3 older sisters and they all call me little brother, I love it, I just turned  68 and just so glad I can still hear them call me that.   SCJ

Baby Sis used to beat up on me on a regular basis.

She knew she could thump on me with impunity because she was the baby sis and had I ever, even once, hit her back, hell itself would have visited itself upon me and not at all gently.

When my first book came out, she ended up as the cover model, so nowadays I call her "Cover Girl."

My brother ... well, he's younger, smarter and better looking than me, not necessarily in that order, so I just call him by his name.

Archived