SASS Wire Forum

Bit off more than I can chew I think

evil dogooder

18 hours ago, watab kid said:

i started this game because of a family of youngsters that invited me to join them , i commend you on the efforts , you dang near have a posse all by your lonesome but you should get them shooting with others who will help and benefit from the interaction as well , young guns add a lot to our experience , keep them interested , 

and i recommend you teach the arts of reloading [with patience] to those new shooters - actually talking not texting can be fun learning experience for all , shooting your own bullets is a great example for self reliance elsewhere in life and knowing the process adds perspective to the cowboy days we try to relive , i think these kids will be well grounded in life

Our kids already help reload.   And I sent a Mec, and a Lee single stage home with a couple manuals. We will be heading up tomorrow night to set them up

"..You got a friendly FFL that will take packages? Or something else?.." good to know you do , i think you will find there may be more than one offer made for this endeavor , ill look through what i have in the next few weeks and see if i have anything you might use , 

I'm sure you'll get it worked out. You may have to "rotate" them, two this month, two next month. Or get other shooters to help. Six new shooters on the same posse would be too much. We shot with you a couple years ago at Fandango, so I have seen you in action and know that you will do a good job.

I believe you will find this to be the most rewarding thing you’ll ever do in SASS. I know I

it has been for me. 
Turkey Bob 

On 11/1/2019 at 12:21 PM, evil dogooder said:

Well my two are going to start competing full time next year.  Which is great.   

Then a friend from high school who isnt a shooter asked if I could help her kids too as their father has no interest.   Not a problem.  Happy to help.   

So fair warning, if you see me running around like a chicken with its head chopped off next year its because there will be 6 new sass shooters under 14 somewhere close by.

Oh and my wife has decided to shoot gf now and wants help with that....

There will be no rest for me next year I'm thinking.

I don’t know if it’s doable or not but writing a story about what you’re doing and why with pictures in the Cowboy Chronicle would be very good reading. My hat is off to you and I wish you much success.  

Archived