SASS Wire Forum

Misty Moonshine on the radio

Frederick Jackson Turner

As you may know, Hud and yours truly, FJT,  are hosting a Sunday morning, firearms friendly radio talk  in southern California, on KABC, AM 790.  It is a good opportunity to spread the word on SASS, CAS, and the positive aspects of firearms ownership in general, to a broad public. That this show exists at all in today's political climate is a win; that it is broadcast from Los Angeles, deep behind enemy lines, is off the charts!

We are delighted to announce that this Sunday morning, November 3, we will have Misty Moonshine on as a guest for a segment or two.  Her presence, as a positive, articulate, and influential role model in the firearms world can hardly be overstated. 

If you'd like to call in, maybe have a question or two about SASS, CAS, or anything else firearms related, feel free to join us on the air!  The show is broadcast live, and available over the internet, but is also available as a podcast.  If you'd like to call in, the number for KABC 790 is 1 (800) 222-5222. (Actually, that's the number even if you DON'T feel like calling in... ;-))

It's a fast-paced, kicked-back show, and we think most shooters would enjoy it.   Here's a link to what we do.  The Gunslinger Hour

The show is Sunday morning at 7:00 a.m. our time (when Californians are driving to the range for matches.) ;-)

Cheers,
FJT

Howdy FJT, I’d like to call the show on Sunday morning while Misty is there what’s the number to call? Great job, by the way you and Hud ought to get a medal for this.

Thanks, Hud. I’ll be talking to you on Sunday.

Good to see your still around Mr. Turner I have sorely missed your happy rambunctious demeanor at matches.

A big HOWDY from Pat and Myself 

1 hour ago, Black Hills Barb said:

I'd love it if you'd bring that show to a station near me (Pennsylvania).  It sure sounds like a winner.  Great job!

I clicked the link he refers to above.

http://www.kabc.com/the-gunslinger-hour/

This took me to the stations website, which has available a "Listen Live" option. Should be able to do that shortly before the show starts and hook up to listen on your computer.

3 hours ago, Black Hills Barb said:

I'd love it if you'd bring that show to a station near me (Pennsylvania).  It sure sounds like a winner.  Great job!

You can go to the link FJT provided,  or download iheartradio (its free), then simply type in KABC 790am. And you can listen from your phone 

Thank you for the warm welcome, Hud and Frederick Jackson Turner and Misty. Great show and I hope it’s on for a long, long time.

Thank you for listening in, Rye; Thanks for calling in Yul, and thanks for the welcome, Reb; miss you all, too!  (As Reb about the axe handle story, some day, if you don't know it.  It's one of my favorites!) ;-)

Goody steered you right; and we are on every Sunday morning.

Wasn't Misty great, on the air?  A more pleasant and articulate proponent of the game can hardly be imagined.  We hope to have her back on the air, at some point in the future.

Jeff /Hud and I intend to be doing this for a long time, and with your support, we will be.  Once Hud gets his hooks into an idea, good things tend to happen.  Stay tuned!

Cheers to all, and again, thanks for the support,

FJT

1 hour ago, Frederick Jackson Turner said:

Thank you for listening in, Rye; Thanks for calling in Yul, and thanks for the welcome, Reb; miss you all, too!  (As Reb about the axe handle story, some day, if you don't know it.  It's one of my favorites!) ;-)

Goody steered you right; and we are on every Sunday morning.

Wasn't Misty great, on the air?  A more pleasant and articulate proponent of the game can hardly be imagined.  We hope to have her back on the air, at some point in the future.

Jeff /Hud and I intend to be doing this for a long time, and with your support, we will be.  Once Hud gets his hooks into an idea, good things tend to happen.  Stay tuned!

Cheers to all, and again, thanks for the support,

FJT

It'll be on here every Sunday morning!! 

More could still listen if the station will allow you to put the SASS segment on YouTube.  And, if not there, archive it for listening on the station web site.

Car Brules

52 minutes ago, Cat Brules said:

More could still listen if the station will allow you to put the SASS segment on YouTube.  And, if not there, archive it for listening on the station web site.

Car Brules

They do that on the station website. It’s available to everyone.

Archived