SASS Wire Forum

Trick or Treaters

To the only two kids we've had trick or treat at our house in six years...

Sorry for the cat treats and frozen burritos.

If you'll come back tonight, I exchange some candy for them.

We haven't had one in years.  Just got a new family move in last spring with 4 kids 8-12 years old.  Sawmill Mary had bought about $20 in candy and an orange Halloween bucket. As I was going for the mail she says,  "Here, take this to the neighbor's.", and dumped it full of candy this and that.  I says, "That ain't how it works.",  then shut up and did what I was told. 

Last night was quite cold by local standards and the children went home early.  Many of the boys were dressed as Spiderman.  I had some large candy bars bought on sale at Costco.  Most of the kids wanted Kit Kats.  I thought these would be the least popular.  I was hoping some of the Reeses would be left for me.  I got my wish.

BTW, leftover plastic jack 'o lanterns sell for 25-cents after Halloween.  I buy some and set them up as shotgun targets.  Buckaroos and Buckarettes love blasting them.

Most of the kids in my neighborhood have grown up and left home.  We only had 2 trick or treaters last night.  My wife loaded them up with about a pound of candy each.  She said I didn't need to eat all that stuff.  There were a few Reeses left and a couple of Twix.  

We only had about 25 kids. My wife had bought over 360 pieces of chocolate candy. :blink:

So, I am doing my part to enhance waistlines at work. :D

7 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

We haven't had one in years.  Just got a new family move in last spring with 4 kids 8-12 years old.  Sawmill Mary had bought about $20 in candy and an orange Halloween bucket. As I was going for the mail she says,  "Here, take this to the neighbor's.", and dumped it full of candy this and that.  I says, "That ain't how it works.",  then shut up and did what I was told. 

before or after she cold cocked you

We had 92 this year.
Down from 166 two years back.

I asked one kid if he lived in the neighborhood... nope.  They bus in cuz we give out "the good stuff."
Which means more left over to pay the candy tax...

Kit-Kat was popular here also, and requested.

Archived