SASS Wire Forum

As God Is My Witness

Subdeacon Joe

That particular episode of WKRP has gone down in history as one of the funniest shows

in TV history.  

I wonder how many Pards will understand your Thread.

..........Widder  (gobble, gobble, gobble)

33 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

wonder how many Pards will understand your Thread.

Being that The Saloon is populated with educated,  suave,  knowledgeable,  cosmopolitan,  and aware Ladies and Gentlemen,  I suspect most will. 

This is the month that turkeys at my place will be going into the hot peanut oil.  I know two that will be taking the dive and a couple more next month.  These turkey's can't fly either.  They don't have any feathers.

There are A LOT of wild turkeys around here, and there are many big toms riding herd on them, too.  The big toms display and threaten people, dogs and cats, deer and other wild ones who get too close.  A few weeks ago, my wife had to get a broom after one big tom and a few of the 20-25 hens that he and one or two other toms were laying claim to.....wouldn’t let her get in the car, then tried to block her car from leaving.

Cat Brules

2 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

There are A LOT of wild turkeys around here, and there are many big toms riding herd on them, too.  The big toms display and threaten people, dogs and cats, deer and other wild ones who get too close.  A few weeks ago, my wife had to get a broom after one big tom and a few of the 20-25 hens that he and one or two other toms were laying claim to.....wouldn’t let her get in the car, then tried to block her car from leaving.

Cat Brules

Couple of years back, we had a very agressive tom in the neighborhood.  After multiple confrontations with soccer moms and young kids, he ended up in a face-to-face with a local LEO.  Didn't end well.  The officer dispatched him with a shotgun.  

And then the real show began; dozens of angry letters to the editor from bird lovers and tree huggers - all of those folks who think Nature was created  by  Disney, and that if you listen hard enough, you can understand what the animals are saying.  I was hoping they would stage a rally, and come down to show solidaritry with the birds and pet the cute turkeys.  That would have been interesting to watch (from a safe distance).

LL

4 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

I was hoping they would stage a rally, and come down to show solidaritry with the birds and pet the cute turkeys.  That would have been interesting to watch (from a safe distance).

Wonder if the local LEOs would have saved them or would they have been too busy laughing to do anything.

8 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Couple of years back, we had a very agressive tom in the neighborhood.  After multiple confrontations with soccer moms and young kids, he ended up in a face-to-face with a local LEO.  Didn't end well.  The officer dispatched him with a shotgun.  

And then the real show began; dozens of angry letters to the editor from bird lovers and tree huggers - all of those folks who think Nature was created  by  Disney, and that if you listen hard enough, you can understand what the animals are saying.  I was hoping they would stage a rally, and come down to show solidaritry with the birds and pet the cute turkeys.  That would have been interesting to watch (from a safe distance).

LL

I was at our vet's with my dog, when a recent immigrant from the city came in with her spaniel.

Spaniel had tried to have a go at a large Tom.

The dog looked like it had an argument with a chainsaw. And lost.

Those spurs can sure do a lot of damage.

Well, I believe anyone with the mind-set that it’s okay to “go to guns”’and kill a wild turkey with a riot gun, especially in the name of “public service,“ is too damn stupid to be trusted with a firearm in public service, and then be protected by the myriad layers of bureaucratic armor at their disposal that this type of jackass hides behind.  He should have gotten back in his donut truck and called Fish and Game, Animal Control,......or someone like my wife, with her broom.   Leave the damn bird alone!   He should’ve been taken out behind the doghouse and had his butt kicked so hard that he now craps out of his arm pit!   Moron...!

Cat Brules

Back to the OP. Anyone remember when Less had to do the sports segment because the other guy had laryngitis and he horribly mispronounced Chi Chi Rodriguez’s name? :lol:

38 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Back to the OP. Anyone remember when Less had to do the sports segment because the other guy had laryngitis and he horribly mispronounced Chi Chi Rodriguez’s name? :lol:

I do. Does anyone recall who the first recording artist that Fever played when the station changed the music format? Hint, it was the very first episode.

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Only every time I hear about golf on the sports report. 

9 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Only every time I hear about golf on the sports report. 

Yup. :lol: And now every time CHi Chi Gonzales comes in to pitch for the Rockies.

Does anyone remember Art Linkletter (Host of the TV show People are Funny)? He wrote a couple of books about his experiences. In those days most TV shows were “filmed in front of a live audience “. In fact People are Funny had an orchestra.
He wrote that in one Thanksgiving Day show they brought on a turkey. No one on the staff knew that turkeys were able to fly. The bird became agitated and took of from the stage. The terrified bird “circled the stage and made a bombing run over the orchestra.” :lol:
Our family would watch the show on a regular basis, too bad I missed that one. I’m sure that sequence was cut from the reruns. 

CJ

12 hours ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

HUH???  HOW"D I GET HERE?

Somebody musta vouched for ya.

Or ya slipped Bottles a sawbuck. :lol:

23 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

Well, I believe anyone with the mind-set that it’s okay to “go to guns”’and kill a wild turkey with a riot gun, especially in the name of “public service,“ is too damn stupid to be trusted with a firearm in public service, and then be protected by the myriad layers of bureaucratic armor at their disposal that this type of jackass hides behind.  He should have gotten back in his donut truck and called Fish and Game, Animal Control,......or someone like my wife, with her broom.   Leave the damn bird alone!   He should’ve been taken out behind the doghouse and had his butt kicked so hard that he now craps out of his arm pit!   Moron...!

Cat Brules

Ummmm.....Cat....easy, son.

The problem around here is that wild turkeys get somewhat accustomed to people, and have no fear.  They will chase folks into their homes, beating their wings and pecking wildly.   The earlier post regarding the damage that can be done with their spurs is no joke; they can open you up right quick.  Leaving the darn bird alone is not an option in a suburban setting.

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/rampaging-turkeys-threaten-homes-children-pets/story?id=20925027

We don't have a problem with out-of-control cops; we have some very dedicated and thoughtful LEOs, trying to protect the public, who for the most part don't know what to do with an  aggressive bird as big as their kids.

LL 

23 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

...and then Johnny asked Les what "those little Mexican dogs are called?" Les answered, "you mean chee-hooa-hooas?" :lol:

On 11/1/2019 at 12:07 AM, Cat Brules said:

Cat Brules

now it's legal for your wife to run over the tom and then legally eat it as roadkill

Archived