SASS Wire Forum

Who left the door open?

Alpo

Temps have been in the 80s all month. Unless I had to go somewhere, when I was outside all I had on was a pair of gym shorts.

Dog says she has to pee. Pull on the shorts, stick my feet into a pair of sneakers, put a gun in my pocket, and out the door we go.

Immediately come back in. Long pants, a shirt and a coat. Damn it's cold.

After draining the dog I check my little weather station.

56° with a 20 knot north wind.

What the heck?!?!?!?

Going off on a tangent, I have four neighbors that leave their porch lights on all night. Don't know why - seems that would do terrible things to the electric bill - but they do.

All four of 'em have their lights off tonight. Hmmmm. Wonder why that is. :ph34r:

Oct. 1st, high of 88. Oct 31st, high 34 with 4.7 inches of snow. tonight temps in the low 20's. Last shoot of the year cancelled due to weather.  Would love to have temps in the mid 50's.

Lights = security

Tonight is trick or treat. Kids are told if the lights are on, you're welcome to stop. Lights off: please don't stop.

35 trick or treaters

28 degrees F

...rarely does the number of trick-or-treaters exceed the temperature.

Perhaps an omen of the end times.

:mellow:

Yesterday at 10am it was 74' but a cold front was passing through Knoxville and by noon the temps had dropped to 54'. 

Then by 5pm the temps were in the mid 40's and this morning its 30'. 

Right now it is 28 outside - It warmed up a bit.  A few snowflakes that got lost from their cloud or where ever they come from.  Just darn cold.  I am waiting for daylight, then off to the range to freeze for an hour or so and then back home for a big breakfast,  I have some fried clams, scallops, and a piece of tilapia in the fridge.  Yummmm-ooooo.  I will have to make wife something else however. :-(

STL Suomi

Rained like heck here last night, but the kids came out.

We had 187 callers, down from last year. I guess the rain did that.

Montreal and a couple of places in Quebec decided to tell the kid to Stay Home until tonight, (November 1st) because of the rain.

Next, I guess, they'll start thinking about moving Christmas because of a possible snow storm.

22 hours ago, Keystone, SASS # 47578 said:

Yesterday at 10am it was 74' but a cold front was passing through Knoxville and by noon the temps had dropped to 54'. 

Then by 5pm the temps were in the mid 40's and this morning its 30'. 

Actually, by 5pm, Widder was going into hibernation mode..... :lol::lol:

..........Widder

We got 3 feet of Heavy Wet Snow in Sept. ,,, 1 1/2 feet of snow in OctoBERRRRR ,,,, So much for Global Warming .....

And we are expecting more tomorrow ....

Jabez Cowboy

On 10/31/2019 at 10:06 PM, Alpo said:

Going off on a tangent, I have four neighbors that leave their porch lights on all night. Don't know why - seems that would do terrible things to the electric bill - but they do.

If they use LED lights they don't use much electricity.

Archived