SASS Wire Forum

Vintage Science Fiction.

Utah Bob #35998

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I was just thinking,  "Imagine how intense it would have been if Hitchcock had made it. "

I honestly believe this would have scared Hitchcock had he seen and not made it. 

When that little monster came out of that guys chest the row of Navy Waves in front of me vanished right out the side exit as did several Marines and Sailors. Hilarious! 1/3 of the movie theater was immediately empty. Emergency doors opening and closing. Bunch of pansies :lol:

I remember seeing "Forbidden Planet" at the drive-in in 1957...
This is back when Leslie Nielsen was doing his wooden "serious" acting.
Robbie the Robot was the star... and the invisible monster scared the crap of this little kid.

I understand a mint Robbie toy, with factory box, brings more than $150k today.

1 hour ago, bgavin said:

I remember seeing "Forbidden Planet" at the drive-in in 1957...
This is back when Leslie Nielsen was doing his wooden "serious" acting.
Robbie the Robot was the star... and the invisible monster scared the crap of this little kid.

I understand a mint Robbie toy, with factory box, brings more than $150k today.

A great movie. 

Interesting what you notice after you've seen a  movie eleventy six times or so. In the opast week of delving into the SyFY films of a bygone era,  I discovered that the spaceship crew uniforms from Forbidden Planet have been used in subsequent movies; The Queen of Outer Space, and in the Ondon air raid sequence at the start of WW3 in the Time Machine. Several of the Air Raid wardens hurrying people to the bomb shelter can be seen weraing the same uniforms while others look like they're wearing some sort of Hazmat suit.

Archived