SASS Wire Forum

Best .32 bullet

evil dogooder

We are going to start loading some of our .32s for the kids.  I'm looking for a good light load and ideas where to get bullets.  My guy doesn't make .32s

I've been using 78 gr. lead and coated. Last batch came from Bullets by Scarlet. Currently using Win 244 powder, 2.3 gr. in S&W long case. Nice mild load. Trail Boss works well also.

How much you want?  Let me check when I get home - got a couple different weights.  And - I know you missed me at the last CVV shoot but how much 38 40 brass were you needing?  I don't have as much as I thought I did but can spare some.

The 78 grain bullets are probably the lightest you can buy.  Do your children a favor and use coated bullets so they are not exposed to metallic lead.  I buy from Bang 'n Clang but there is probably a local caster in your area.  If the children are old enough they have to knockdown targets to score, 115 grain bullets work well for knockdowns.  My wife shoots N320 in her 32s - a clean burning (and expensive) powder.  Bullseye worked great but she found it too dirty.  You probably have a powder on hand that will work well in 32s.

Missouri Bullet has at least 78 and 100 grain 32 Bullets. Coated or non coated. Check on their website. A lot of clubs have gotten sighned up for their discount program. Good people. 

Badman Bullets.  My wife shoots his 78 and 95gn. in. 32 H&R mag.  both weights loaded with 2.2gn of Titegroup.  They are consistent shooters and (barely) make SASS Power factor.  She hasn't had any problems knocking down targets with either.  Badman has them as lead or poly coated.  He also pays shipping.  But for all the bullets I've bought from him, I've never gotten a coupon for a hug.  Another win! 

Howdy JEDI Evil.

For Rifle or Pistol?

If you are loading for 'RUGER' pistols, you might be surprised about some bullets.

Some of the RUGER pistols have a short 'throat' and if your OAL isn't correct for a particular

type bullet, you'll quickly discover that the round won't fully drop in the chambers.

EXAMPLE:

Scarlett's 78 grainer:   3.15 should GO........... 3.40 might not GO.

Ringers 83 grainer:  3.05 or less is a GO.........  3.15 might not GO.

Scarlett's 100 grainer:   4.00 or less is a GO.   I can use these in both my Marlin and Rugers.

When I load the 78 and 83 grainers, I have to be a little picky with the OAL when using in the RUGERS.

I've had GREAT results with ALL 3 of those bullets listed above using Clean Shot powder.

AND, I use the same load for all the bullet weights.  You would be happy with results using

anything from 3.0 to 3.2 grains.

Other great powders are:  Bullseye, Titegroup and Red Dot.

I got good load data for those if you need more info.

Needless to say, I get my bullets, primers and powder from SCARLETT.

It comes with a hug..... :wub:

..........Widder

Bear Creek Supply 

Is one good supplier.  They have w lot of different .32 caliber bullets

https://www.bearcreeksupplybullets.com/

click on:   “Explore Our Product Line” to see photos and sizing of their bullets.

Cat Brules

16 hours ago, 40Chev said:

Bunch of them out there - Scarlet Darlin (I think or something like that) comes immediately to mind.  32 mag long or shorts?  

I've got 2 32-20 clones and a few 32 hr mag rugers

15 hours ago, 40Chev said:

How much you want?  Let me check when I get home - got a couple different weights.  And - I know you missed me at the last CVV shoot but how much 38 40 brass were you needing?  I don't have as much as I thought I did but can spare some.

Yeah it was a fun time  barely lost overall but 1 sec  shooting my single shot. Lol.   The 38-40 just enough for a couple stages .

I'm thinking a couple hundred max for now to see if I can come io with something Anastasia likes.  She doesnt like the feel of the 22s

32-20 .... http://stevespages.com/312p_4.html

32-20 .... http://reloadammo.com/3220.htm

32 H&R Magnum ... http://stevespages.com/312p_1.html

32 H&R Magnum .... http://reloadammo.com/32hr-mag.htm

Dogodder, you forgot to mention the bullet weights for these calibers - so look up the Minimum charges from the data provided above.  Use the lowest powder charges

Use the reloadammo links forfeet per second

Use any of the commercial bullets provided from the preceding posts

When I was shooting 32 Ruger single sixes my load was:

Starline 32 H&R brass,

96 gr. Desperado Cowboy Bullets, 

2.5 gr. VV N320 ,

Federal small pistol magnum primers.

COL 1.388

Never met a knockdown that wouldn't go down if I did may part.

Marshal Stone

Ophelia started with 78Gr coated bullets. Experienced spotters were advising that they had a hard time hearing them hitting the targets. Switched to 100 gr coated bullets We used Clean Shot from Scarlett since the beginning.  1.8 Grns Cleanshot = 620fps = PF 62.    Loaded 32 hot bullets. 3.1Grns Cleanshot, 100Gr bullet, 880fps, PF is 88. All with 32 H & R Mag. And, you'll want to make a few & try them in the guns before making too many to ensure they're seated deep enough to work in the guns.

Archived