SASS Wire Forum

Zanotti safes

I had three of them, all different sizes. They come in six parts, Sides, tops and the DOOR. Seriously they are not any more secure than any other safe and they don’t have a fire rating.but it is a decent safe. These days you can’t buy one because their entire production is going to the sandbox, either DOA or state department or ...

when i installed the first, it was the lightest door, I had a 2x4 and a fulcrumto support the door and I maneuvered the door to a position just over the door hinge pins, used my left leg to get the door into position. Done, success.

for the next two, I had help from my daughter and son-in-Law.  Daughter stood on the 2x4to support the door while we jockeyed it into position.

Bought the 6 ft Z3 in 2008. I lived down some steps with a turn in a condo. Could not get anything bigger than a 2 foot wide safe down the stairs and into the condo.

It took two of us and a 2x4 to get the door on this safe.

Took it apart and brought it with us to AZ.

I have had one since 2005. An IWLA chapter I belonged to had one that was in a small storage area and the safe was wider in all dimensions than the entrance doorway. No way it was ever going to be stolen from there. They are pricy, but worth it. 

Archived