SASS Wire Forum

SS Card Denied

Yul Lose

Of course, if you’re an illegal alien in California, the DMV will give you a burger, Coke and fries,  put you first in line, write down what yo tell them, give you a new DL, and scoot , you’re on your way.   No problem.......

Cat Brules

On 10/31/2019 at 8:50 AM, Warden Callaway said:

No.  You guys need to stay where you are and put up a fight. Every one that gives up and moves out just add strength to the stupidity.  

And please don't Californicate Wyoming!   

I put up a fight for 26 years. It did no good. 

And I have news for you, I am an American and I will go any damn where I please.

This is not just for Warden. It’s for all of you that look down your noses at us. 

It’s easy to blame California because most people in this country have no idea what goes on in their own state or even their own county governments . One day you’ll wake up...but I doubt it. You have someone else to blame and that makes it all good. I don’t see any of our fellow like minded “friends” lining up to help us, that’s for damn sure. I have lived all over this country and this country sure as hell isn’t what it used to be and I am sick and tired of people looking down their noses at me when the place they call home is just as bad as California, they just don’t know it yet. 

Someday, you all might just be calling on us to help you...someday we just might...or maybe we won’t. You get as good as you give. 

A couple of months ago I went to our local DL Office and asked how long before my birthday/expiration date can I get a new DL. She looked at my DL and said give me  the fee (I think it was $20.00) and we can do it now. My  BD was last week. Took the eye exam and had my picture taken and walked out with a temp DL. 2 weeks later my regular DL arrived in the mail....it has a star in the upper RH corner too.

So much for waiting in line.....took me all of 10 minutes!

My new appointment is January 16, 2020, ugh!!

44 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

My new appointment is January 16, 2020, ugh!!

Yul,

I would just pick a day midweek at about 2:00 and just walk in. That’s what I did and it literally took less than an hour from the time I stepped out of my truck until I was getting back in. And that was because I had to take the written motorcycle test. The DMV can keep their appointments. 

My wife was denied also... the ceremonial marriage certificate did not have all three names... maiden, 1st marriage, and this marriage.
She had to call down to the County Recorder who was VERY sympathetic in between laughing bouts... shipped it right out.

Skip the appointment baloney.
Get there at 4pm because they close at 5pm, and have incentive to get you passed through.
We got there on Halloween afternoon at 4pm, and the place was nearly empty.
My bride was in and out in 10 minutes.  Mine a week earlier was 45 minutes.

The magic:  a valid passport cuts through ALL the baloney.
No ID, no utility bills, no SS card required.
Ours are both expired..

On 10/31/2019 at 10:32 AM, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

They accepted my wife's SS card because it didn't have "Not for Identification" printed on it.  Go figure???

I still have my original Social Security card and it says "Not for identification" too.

On 10/31/2019 at 9:37 AM, Assassin said:

If I had to make an appointment for the DMV I'd find another place to live. Yul, get out while you can.

There's nothing worth all that stress. I drive 13 miles to work and it takes me 13 minutes, and that's driving on the Interstate around Wyoming's most populated city.

There's a house on 279 acres just up the road from my house for $750,000 . 

Oh for the lack of about $749,000 and a wife that would go along with it I would be right on that.

10 hours ago, Dustin Checotah said:

Oh for the lack of about $749,000 and a wife that would go along with it I would be right on that.

$750K is an average price for a house in California on 1/2 acre. 

Exactly why I rented when I moved back. 
$2,850 per month vs $6000 per month and no tax write off after $10,000 paid in interest?          Screw that!

Don't forget the property taxes... cannot write those off either.
San Diego dinged me $16,600 yearly after my mother left me her house.

They demanded $24,000 in 60 days or lose the house.
It took two years to fight that (and win), only to be charged tax for "income" on the refund.

CA fools move to other states with their inflated housing profits.
They can pay capital gains, take the senior exemption, or buy an equivalent property.
The tax rate in TX is 2.67%... on an $800k house is a whole lot of money.

And... the new tax laws don't allow you to deduct any more than $10,000 of all these taxes you pay.
So... you are paying income tax on the taxes you pay.

If you own a house in CA it gets spendy. Especially, when paying for homeowners insurance in a rural area. It's only going to get worse after the insurance companies start to recoup their money from this fire season. Plus, the proerty taxes. The problem with CA is not the people it's the gov't, so much for "we the people".  

I couldn't handle the stress of all the people and commuting. 

14 hours ago, Assassin said:

$750K is an average price for a house in California on 1/2 acre. 

I don't doubt that for a second. I am just lucky enough to be in a paid house but nowhere near that kind of price of $750,000. 

Wow! In my area 170K will get you a respectable house, 300K a quite nice house, and 450K you'll be living in a neighborhood with doctors.

About 15 years ago I got new neighbors across the street who came from San Diego. They had been paying mortgage on a 2 bedroom bungalow for about 15 years and when they sold their place in Southern California and moved here they had enough cash to buy 86 acres of beautiful woodlands, 30 additional acres with a separate new house and barn, and still had enough money left over for their daughter's college.  He did not make a huge income either as he was an aircraft engineer. His wife did not work. They just used their money wisely. That was an eye opening realization in the realities of realestate in the mid west versus East and West Coast. I think I would have to make a bazillion dollars a year in order to afford to live some places in this country.

I guess it would have really thrown them for a loop if you had one of the stamped metal SS cards.

Serious thread drift here… :o

But when I renewed my driver's license to get the super duper extra verified star thingy to be mega compliant with the law I produced my passport and that's all it took. I had all the additional identification with me on the counter to present to the nice employee but they did not ask to see it. Seems as if there is a large disparity between what some driver's license bureaus will accept or not.

1 hour ago, Dantankerous said:

Serious thread drift here… :o

But when I renewed my driver's license to get the super duper extra verified star thingy to be mega compliant with the law I produced my passport and that's all it took. I had all the additional identification with me on the counter to present to the nice employee but they did not ask to see it. Seems as if there is a large disparity between what some driver's license bureaus will accept or not.

Yes there is.

This is such bureaucratic BS!  They create the problem and charge us to fix their screw up.

When I applied for my Carry Permit in my state I presented my DD214 to cover the fees and training requirements. They said I needed a birth certificate. I said you can't have a DD214 w/o a birth certificate. The said "Oh yes you can, now". I said "Oh yea, Illegals". Half the place about headed for the door.

When I returned with my birth certificate, they rejected my DD214 for training. It listed all weapons and qualifications I had. I came unhinged, again! So now my DD214 is worthless?! A supervisor showed up to the fight. She told the clerk, "How did he get qualified without training?". 

You have a drivers license. The process required your age, your residence, your physical profile, drivers testing. Your SS Card was required because of your origin of birth and date. It's just a card with a number on it. It's almost unreadable because of it's age, but you can't protect it with lamination. Your birth certificate is just a piece of paper with no identification that it's really you. Now your required to have a passport or new license. What will it take to get that? One thing is $$$. You already have a drivers license with a huge paper trail attached to it. Now it's worthless.  All over a little star. If you have all  the crap they require to get a passport or new license, why is that paperwork not sufficient all by it self? Next we will need a GPS implant...

But you can be a border jumper, be given a SSAN, a drivers license, and qualify for free health care and the other 327 million of us have to get a little star on a new license based upon documents that has been rendered worthless, which is why we need a little star in the first place! Cost of a new license x 327,000,000 = ?!

The last time I renewed I opted for the compliant DL. Could not get it as my birth cert. does not list Jr., even though I have the same name as my father (Jr. means son of!). Anyhow my SS card shows Jr. and therefore does not match my birth. cert. Was told to go through the legal hoops of changing my name. Checked on the process. In WV it costs $200 in court fees, plus $50 for a legal notice in the local paper, plus several trips to the courthouse, plus sitting around in court for who knows how long, plus about 3 months time. Checked the regulations and found out I could get a new passport (old one had expired 10 years ago) with minimum hassle for $125 through my local library, took a few weeks. I now have a current passport and a starry drivers license.

Lesson learned: Keep your passport current. 

Archived