SASS Wire Forum

How Do We Solve Gun Related Violence Without Sacrificing Our Rights?

Charlie T Waite

gun-violence-decline-774x767b.jpg

You know....... I have never known a gun that was violent!

On another note...... Someone must be studying some new math. How does 7.3 and 7 add up to 15.2?

The Dickey amendment DID NOT halt research!!  It did defund research in some CDC endeavors.  Independent research, carried out by neutral researchers was never stymied, nor was research funded by private organizations!!  What the Dickey amendment did was prevent biased, agenda driven research from being funded by taxpayer money!!

Research into the physics and design of firearms is pointless with respect to criminal violence.  Research into the psychological and sociological makeup of violent offenders and the mental health system, (or lack thereof) is essential in decreasing the rate and level of criminal violence, (committed with whatever weapon by whoever is involved)!!

Would be nice if they cited the source of the graph so you could verify it wasn't one of those "The internet is a good source of accurate quotes - Abraham Lincoln" type of situations.

That said,  I assume there are minor things (neither suicide nor homicide - accidents for example) that would explain the numbers not adding up.  

I've also seen similar stats in the past - and it really bugs me that suicides are included in charts of "gun related violence".  What's the implication - that people wouldn't just jump out of windows if guns weren't available?    The folks that generate these stats use them to argue that we should get rid of guns because they make us less safe...but my neighbor having a gun doesn't increase my chances of dying via suicide.  

9 hours ago, Ace_of_Hearts said:

You know....... I have known a gun that was violent!

On another note...... Someone must be studying some new math. How does 7.3 and 7 add up to 15.2?

There are other categories that were not plotted on the chart.

Archived