SASS Wire Forum

King Cobra verses K6 verses 60

Trigger Mike

I reported a few days ago I was having trouble with a pinched nerve in my neck that effects my hand in the web of the thumb that no longer tolerates 357.  Today I finished my testing.  I compared a Kimber K6 with 2 inch barrel, a S & W model 60 Pro Series and the new Colt King Cobra 3 inch barrel as well as a S & W 686.  This was with 357 158 grain soft point hollow point by Remington.  As far as accuracy all were fairly equal.  

1.  S & W model 60-  fuggitaboutit.  !!   I'd prefer to chop my hand off to get it over with.  with 38 it is not bad but not with 357.  It was tolerable before my injury that the Doc said he fixed.  Now it is unbearable .  I will sell it.

2.  S & W 686-  It hurt for a long time afterwards even though the 686 is a large frame heavy pistol.  no longer enjoyable to shoot it.  I keep it because I once got it from a deputy I worked with when I was a city officer and soon afterwards he died, so it is more sentimental than anything anyway.

3.  Kimber K6s - this one is just fine with 38 but hurts like the devil with 357.  I carry it nearly every day but not with 357.

4.  New Colt King Cobra -  This one was not bad.  It bothered me some but no where near like the rest.  I will keep it.  

13 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

I reported a few days ago I was having trouble with a pinched nerve in my neck that effects my hand in the web of the thumb that no longer tolerates 357.  Today I finished my testing.  I compared a Kimber K6 with 2 inch barrel, a S & W model 60 Pro Series and the new Colt Python 3 inch barrel as well as a S & W 686.  This was with 357 158 grain soft point hollow point by Remington.  As far as accuracy all were fairly equal.  

1.  S & W model 60-  fuggitaboutit.  !!   I'd prefer to chop my hand off to get it over with.  with 38 it is not bad but not with 357.  It was tolerable before my injury that the Doc said he fixed.  Now it is unbearable .  I will sell it.

2.  S & W 686-  It hurt for a long time afterwards even though the 686 is a large frame heavy pistol.  no longer enjoyable to shoot it.  I keep it because I once got it from a deputy I worked with when I was a city officer and soon afterwards he died, so it is more sentimental than anything anyway.

3.  Kimber K6s - this one is just fine with 38 but hurts like the devil with 357.  I carry it nearly every day but not with 357.

4.  New Colt Python -  This one was not bad.  It bothered me some but no where near like the rest.  I will keep it.  

NEW Colt Python? I assume you mean new to YOU. (???) Colt has not put out a NEW Python yet. Maybe you mean the King Cobra or Cobra??

29 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

I stand corrected.

;) I also have a New King Cobra it's awesome!!

Archived