SASS Wire Forum

, Walach 12 Shot, 6 cylinder, Double Trigger Revolver

Pee Wee #15785

I would suggest practicing rubbing your belly and patting your head for a while. 

Lets see. You are in a fire fight. Smoke and bullets are everywhere. You are manufacturing great doses of adrenalin and  you pull your revolver and...……….

Can't remember the name of it, but in one of the Louis L'amour novels the good guy had a Walch.  In the final gunfight, which was in a barn or warehouse, the bad guy steps into plain sight and says, "You've had your six shots, now you're gonna die."  Or something to that effect.  But the good guy had the Walch and put six more rounds into bad guy.  I thought bad guy was kinda stupid for showing himself after counting six shots, since good guy could have had a back up gun anyway.  But bad guys are never known for high IQ anyway.

I'd think one would be very conscientious of the length of powder and ball while loading one.  I could see bad things happening if you put a bit too much powder in the bottom, and the bottom ball was resting under the top nipple of the cylinder.  You'd get a misfire for the top load, then the bottom load would be a double charge.

Anyway, it's a fascinating gun, and I salute the imagination and mechanical skills of the inventor.

Several years ago a guy on drugs used one to holdup a store in NJ (I think).  All guns used in crimes was to be cut up.  Was not cutup but given to the Coast Guard Musiaum after much head scratching trying to save it.

Archived