SASS Wire Forum

Listen up

Utah Bob #35998

Okay. Public service announcement. LaBron James did not say he would quit if they don’t stop playing the National Anthem at games. This came from Bustatrolla bs fake/satire website. When you see stuff like this please just do 30 seconds of research before posting it, tweeting it, or sending it to me. Just because it’s on the Internet doesn’t make it true! Dang! Arrrggghh!

Book's opinion is reliable.  Insert photo here

Sorry! Inside joke.   BOOK is J-Bar's very large, very black, very opinionated Tom Cat. 

9 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

John Bernard Books?

A man always knew what JB Books meant. He'd tell 'em straight.

I always thought JB and Bond would have done well together had circumstances been different.

Is LeBron James still alive?

I don’t believe it!

He was killed two weeks ago in a tragic beekeeping incident in West LA!

I read it on the Internet!

Cat Brules

Le Bron would never quit playing, his goal is to be the best player ever plus he likes the money!!

44 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Le Bron would never quit playing, his goal is to be the best player ever plus he likes the money!!

Best player ever by what metrics?

Too bad we can't see Magic Johnson in his day go head to head with Le Bron. :D

I don’t watch basketball and I don’t care about him. What I care about is inaccurate or fake crap posted on the Internet and then reposted by people too lazy to check the facts first. I don’t care if it’s about a politician, sports figure, businessman or whatever. Once somebody posts some BS on the web it goes “viral”.  
People are just too dang lazy to check. And then they say idiotic things like “ Well if it ain’t true, it should be”. Oy! The court of public opinion is brutal these days.

6 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Recently I heard The Onion decided to stop making up stories about Trump because the stuff coming out of the White House was actually more bizarre than anything THEY could come up with! :huh:

I saw that one, then realized it was a satirical post about a satirical site, posted by another satirical site, all for the purpose of creating satirical humor. 

But some believed it as fact. 

I’m with UB. Tired of people repeating rumors and lies as if they were truth. 

26 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

I’m with UB. Tired of people repeating rumors and lies as if they were truth. 

Unfortunately people from BOTH sides of the political spectrum do it. These days there really isn't a source for balanced, relatively unbiased news anymore. Everyone has flocked to like-minded websites spewing the narrative that they want to hear.

14 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Unfortunately people from BOTH sides of the political spectrum do it. These days there really isn't a source for balanced, relatively unbiased news anymore. Everyone has flocked to like-minded websites spewing the narrative that they want to hear.

I would submit there was never a source for unbiased news. During the American Revolution, all major cities had multiple newspapers, each espousing the respective publisher’s views, which were largely based upon what would make his cronies and advertisers the wealthiest. 

It’s an educated person’s responsibility to check multiple sources, then draw and owntheir own conclusions, rather than repeating the latest Twitter feed or Facebook post.  

26 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I quit paying attention to the news. Life’s to damned short. 

I wish I could, honestly. But it's embarrassing to show up for work and not even have a clue that something significant happened somewhere in the world.

2 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

Best player ever by what metrics?

Too bad we can't see Magic Johnson in his day go head to head with Le Bron. :D

By his metrics!!:lol:

12 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I wish I could, honestly. But it's embarrassing to show up for work and not even have a clue that something significant happened somewhere in the world.

Not for me. I used to let the news and radio talk shows influence my outlook on things. I no longer do that. If I can’t change it I don’t care about it. 

Now, if I found that something dreadful happened or is going to happen I would not ignore that but the day to day goings on is not worth my time. 

4 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

I would submit there was never a source for unbiased news. During the American Revolution, all major cities had multiple newspapers, each espousing the respective publisher’s views, which were largely based upon what would make his cronies and advertisers the wealthiest. 

It’s an educated person’s responsibility to check multiple sources, then draw and owntheir own conclusions, rather than repeating the latest Twitter feed or Facebook post.  

Bingo. But I might say it's an intelligent person's rsponsibility rather than educated.

Fake news has been a staple of selling papers for a long long time.  Watched a show where they were discussing the curse of King Tut. Turns out a reported made the whole thing up to make a boring story more interesting.

3 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

There's only one book I rely on for the Truth.

I mistrust the internet so much that I don't believe any of you folks here in the SASS Saloon are real. :P

Well, my PhD did involve Artificial Intelligence 

Archived