SASS Wire Forum

Apropos of nothing...

Utah Bob #35998

I knew a fella once with a thick French accent (not French-Canadian, real French).

When he said “toilet”, it sounded like “twilight”.

Always made me laugh.

Don’t know why I thought of this suddenly.

Brain tumor?? Too much coffee?  :lol:

Wasn’t Sunday night bourbon night?? :lol:

38 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Wasn’t Sunday night bourbon night?? :lol:

Only one. All things in moderation says my current diet.

At least until Thanksgiving. ;)

Used to have a customer. French Canadian. Heavy HEAVY accent. He called one day wanting some work done. I'm taking down the information. Finally I told him I needed a purchase order number.

He said "vairbal".

I replied, "variable?"

Again, "vairbal".

"Variable?"

"V--E--R--B--A--L.  Vairbal!"

Another time I called over to his place of business, and I had a question for the receptionist, and she says, "Let me get Claude for you".

I said, "I can't understand Claude on the telephone. I can barely understand him when I'm talking to him face-to-face".

She says, "Yeah, I hear that a lot".

I was visiting with a friend many years ago with my dad, who had never met the guy before. Dad was a rancher all his life, and when my friend starting talking about selling farms, he got interested... til my friend starting bringing out .30-06's and 9mm's to show him... :lol:

I remember seeing a video years ago from a local station in Alabama. A guy had crashed on his motorcycle but was pretty much unhurt. It seems the bot holding the front forks on his bike had come out causing the crash. He saw the bolt come out and managed to lay the bike down, but it caused a chain reaction crash with some cars.

So he’s being interviewed by this reporter and he’s holding the bolt and saying how he saw the bolt wiggling just before the crash.

”Do you think that was an omen?”, she asks.

He looks at her quizzically, looks at the bolt and says.....” Nope. It’s a brand new one”

Archived