SASS Wire Forum

Found: Stainless Trigger for ROA

C.N. Double

Edit: Thanks for the suggestions. I think I found a couple at an online retailer, but there wasn't a lot of information on them, so we'll see what arrives. I'll post an update once I receive them.

I managed to break the trigger in one of my ROAs, and I'm having trouble finding a replacement. Ruger referred me to Jack First, and they only have blued Old Model Single Six triggers that supposedly fit, but nothing in stainless.

The trigger in my other ROA also looks like the tip is cracked, but that one is still functioning -- any advice on why this might be happening would be helpful too.

Thanks in advance.

1028191409a.jpg

If that happened to me, I would buy a couple of the blued ones from Jack First, (one for now, the other for just in case) and remove the blue, then shoot the darn things!  Keep them clean and oiled and they will pass for stainless just fine.

I might even just install the blued ones and brag about my custom ROAs!!  :)

On 10/28/2019 at 3:36 PM, C.N. Double said:

any advice on why this might be happening would be helpful too.

CN -

The Obvious ? - Only way I've broken a single action trigger tip is pulling trigger when at half cock (back 30 years ago when I got my first Colt clone revolver).

I have filed a replacement Colt clone trigger from a chunk of O1 tool steel....PITA.  For same gun.  Still runs.

Good luck, GJ

Well, the trigger I received was blued, but it fits fine. It needs to be profiled a bit as it's quite a bit heavier break than the old trigger. Although I ordered two from cylinder-slide.com, they only had one. They did refer me back again to Jack First, so if you need one, that's the place to go. No love on any stainless parts, though.

Archived