SASS Wire Forum

BorderTown 2019 is in the books

Tn Tombstone

Thanks to all of the folks that make Bordertown one of, if not the best, shoot in the country. It takes a lot of workers and hard work to make a match like BT work like it does. Bobcat Brian has been Match Director for a few years now and it just keeps getting better and better. Sassy Dancer as TG and one of the hardest working cowgirls I know, Miss Chance, TA Chance, Quicksand, Windy City Red, (the best awards announcer in SASS) and a few others are the up front faces but all the hard workers behind the scenes is really what makes a match like this so great. Thanks to everyone, I already miss Arizona and want to come back as soon as I can. Lady T, myself and my whole crew had a great time and it keeps getting bigger and better. Thanks from all of us. See everyone next year

Posse 5 rocked by the way. We had to top shooter, top lady shooter and many category winners on our posse. We had fun and still got the work done. Thanks Posse 5 for making my job easy.

Ok, now I get to say it here, in front of all a ya, TENNESSEE TOMBSTONE ROCKS AS POSSE MARSHAL!! And...Posse 5 was just downright fabulous! Ran well, on time, and a whole lotta laughs.  After the last few years Windy and I truly can't imagine shooting BT without "The South!" TNT, Cactus, Copperhead, Whiskey, Yazoo (bad ass outlaw babe), Titus, Fannie, Hombre, Long Gulch, whew! I'm afraid I'll leave someone out here! All those characters mixed in with our own crowd made for one helluva posse.  Thank you, Bordertown, for making a shoot that brings us all together in The Town Too Tough To Die!  It IS special!

Okay Sassy, ya beat me to it.  You said pretty much word for word what I was gonna say about the last week.  One thing I do want to echo quite firmly from your post....Tn Tombstone is one of, if not the best posse marshal yer likely to run across. 

Titus A.(who can't wait til next year) Gnatsass

In 9 years of shooting, this was my favorite match.  Thank you to all the hard work to make this a sell out match!!  Posse 5 did rock.  It was hard to work because everyone was working so hard.  TN did a remarkable job as a posse marshal.  Congrats to Ray Heartless and SASS Dancer, Men and Ladies Overall Champions (both members of posse 5 by the way).  Congrats to Blackjak Zak for Overall AZ state champion.  

Tombstone 2019 Yeeeh, Haa. Fantastic match, great stages. Thanks to all for there hard work in putting this match together. Congratulations too all the winners and as to some others just wait till  Border Town 2020 for another Yeeeh Haa.

Special thanks to Too Tall Bob for the parking space.  See you all down the road some where in time. Posse 10 rocked with Johnny Meadows being again a fantastic posse Marshall.

Jackrabbit Joe & Sly Puppy

A BIG Thank you to all of you that make Bordertown such a wonderful match!  BIG & CLOSE is an understatement until you are standing in front of the targets and your heart pounds out of your chest and ........................buzzer!   Sassy Dancer.  If you've had the pleasure of meeting her,  she only gets better!  It was a pleasure watching Tombstone cross his pistols on several of the stages and the grin on his face was priceless!  Tombstone typically ran the timer for Ray Heartless.  He always warned the spotters "don't blink". 

Bordertown is absolutely MY favorite match in Cowboy Action Shooting!

p.s.  I had at least 24 shotgun make ups from the hip for this match if not more....  DARN those rabbits!

As a Tennessee shooter shooting on posse 5, Border Town was fantastic; I will make the trip again.  Thank you to all that put this match together. It was fabulous!  

Archived