SASS Wire Forum

First Snow

Snowed a little last night, first of the season for us here in SW Colorado. The mountains around us got a little a week ago, but mostly gone.

first snow 003.JPG

first snow 004.JPG

17° at sunrise. A bit over a half inch of snow. Sun’s out. Should be gone by noon.

As I recall it was snowing lightly when we left for Hawaii last year at this time.

181A9BA7-7218-4748-9C93-C228899DC9A9.jpeg

Denver and vicinity: Second snow of the season, but this one started early Sunday morning and is still going on!  Forecast is maybe 8-inches accumulation.  Interestingly, the streets aren't all that deep, but the colder temps are making for black ice, and CDOT is saying stay off the roads!

4 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Denver and vicinity: Second snow of the season, but this one started early Sunday morning and is still going on!  Forecast is maybe 8-inches accumulation.  Interestingly, the streets aren't all that deep, but the colder temps are making for black ice, and CDOT is saying stay off the roads!

Looks like ya got anothern on the way.

18 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

My daughter is a truck driver. Delivered to Denver last week and had to put her truck in the shop due to an air leak and APU problem. KW got the air leak fixed Saturday but now she can't get the tractor to ThermoKing to fix the APU. Hope she can get it over there tomorrow and get back on the road. 

Howdy, Chief,

It's been snowing hard since about 0300, and apparently will continue.  Road conditions are miserable; the plows can't seem to keep up with it.  Haven't heard about whether I-70 is open to the East.  Lots of accidents reported as of 10:00 news report. My wife and I are hold up in south suburban Denver.  I know that to truckers time is money, but if I had to make a recommendation to your daughter, I'd say stay put!  Hopefully, this system will move out in the 24 hrs or so.  Not bad weather...for January! :o :P  Oh, and we need to prepare for global warming! :unsure:

3 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Howdy, Chief,

It's been snowing hard since about 0300, and apparently will continue.  Road conditions are miserable; the plows can't seem to keep up with it.  Haven't heard about whether I-70 is open to the East.  Lots of accidents reported as of 10:00 news report. My wife and I are hold up in south suburban Denver.  I know that to truckers time is money, but if I had to make a recommendation to your daughter, I'd say stay put!  Hopefully, this system will move out in the 24 hrs or so.  Not bad weather...for January! :o :P  Oh, and we need to prepare for global warming! :unsure:

She's not going anywhere.

While she may not be making money, the company at least put her up in the hotel for the duration.

All she has to provide for is food.

My wife is actually laughing at most of the "news" reports.  While this is not the norm, it's not exactly unusual either I take it.  She grew up in Evergreen.

2 hours ago, Chief Rick said:

She's not going anywhere.

While she may not be making money, the company at least put her up in the hotel for the duration.

All she has to provide for is food.

My wife is actually laughing at most of the "news" reports.  While this is not the norm, it's not exactly unusual either I take it.  She grew up in Evergreen.

One of the local anchors says , "it's snowing folks. Happens every year". I like him. :lol:

Archived