SASS Wire Forum

For all the cat people here

Tascosa, SASS# 24838

ROTFL

Gigi, the cat who likes water just came in the house wet from running through the sprinklers. She will also sit on the drip line water spray and play with another.

PS They carry in twigs, big leaves, lizards, mice, birds... basically anything you could consider debris.

PPS I will get a photo of her with the water sometime.

I had a barn cat that would not come in the house and didn't want to be picked up. But he (hanging belly) would kill anything that came into the horse barn. including jackrabbits, road runners, carrier pigons, horny toads, and small snakes. My grandson walked into the patio, carrying hanging belly!! We all panicked but hanging belly was ok with that. Oh and he like our collie, same color I reckon.

We had a feral for about a year, who wouldn't let us touch him. He did tell us when he wanted fed. We didn't leave it out due to the Raccoons and Opossums. One day he left me an offering in front of my office window-a dead jackrabbit.

BTW a hanging belly on a cat is normal. I recently found out this. "The loose, hanging skin on a cat's belly is simply a natural part of a cat's anatomy, sometimes called the apron, or as in the following article, the primordial pouch. ... Getting spayed or neutered does not cause your cat to gain an apron, but it may make it more obvious due to related changes in weight."

https://pets.stackexchange.com/questions/10200/why-does-my-female-cat-stomach-area-hang-so-low/10209

Just now, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Well, then they must  be trained by cats because my Collie was STUBBORN and I never could teach him to fetch.

That is not an important thing thing to a cat. No cat will ever throw a stick for a dog just to see the dog run. More like fetch me a mouse or fish, stop that cretin from stealing my food, keep me warm.

My friends had a very small Calico cat (btw, male Calico cats are so rare, that you’ll likely never see one) whose only goal in life seemed to be finding and killing ground squirrels in the most gruesome possible way.  I’d go to my friends’ place to shoot, nride, help, etc. and the little cat would have a side-by-side row of five or six squirrels in the barn, lined up on the concrete on their backs, neatly ripped open with precise lines of claw incisions from their buttholes to up under their chins.  Offerings to Carolyn, who fawned on her..  The other ranch cats gave her wide birth.  Cats like me for some reason, so she’d come see me and talk with me  and be petted.

Cat Brules

Abilene Slim visited the Southern Missouri Rangers this weekend.  My cat, Book, is VERY particular about laps.  Slim passed the test.3038877B-9E12-459A-A6A0-9591EDD364D2.thumb.jpeg.65622b0bab008e79a74813a1a823b475.jpeg

07A604C8-1A7E-44D5-ADA2-4D054FA824F7.thumb.jpeg.cd3e31bd1f0aa291f3b420b885a5fbfa.jpeg

3 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Well, then they must  be trained by cats because my Collie was STUBBORN and I never could teach him to fetch.

Ive had 3 collies in my life, and I have decided they are too proud to 'fetch'. My sable collie would 'fetch' it ONCE, and If I threw it again, she would look at me like she was thinking, "I just got it, and if you want it again go get it your self".

21 hours ago, Tascosa, SASS# 24838 said:

Ive had 3 collies in my life, and I have decided they are too proud to 'fetch'. My sable collie would 'fetch' it ONCE, and If I threw it again, she would look at me like she was thinking, "I just got it, and if you want it again go get it your self".

At least my Smooth Collie would come when I called him, if I called him Cookie. ;) So would my cat Obie when we went for our walks.

Obie finally caught up. Yeah, cookie time..JPG

Those Subaru ads are the best! Watch the one with the pit bull driving the semi, it's great!

2 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

You eat kitty and doggie cookies? :o:lol:;)

Allie,

We had a rough collie that was a year older than me. Once I was crawling he figured I was his pup. Once I was walking, Mom would give us each a cookie. His was Milk-Bone and mine was chocolate chip. We, my pal Bruce and I, would go off to another room and trade. Milk-Bones aren’t bad, not my favorite nowadays, but certainly palatable. :D

CJ 

17 minutes ago, Cactus Jack Calder said:

Allie,

We had a rough collie that was a year older than me. Once I was crawling he figured I was his pup. Once I was walking, Mom would give us each a cookie. His was Milk-Bone and mine was chocolate chip. We, my pal Bruce and I, would go off to another room and trade. Milk-Bones aren’t bad, not my favorite nowadays, but certainly palatable. :D

CJ 

ROTFL!  Too stinkin' cute!

1 hour ago, Cactus Jack Calder said:

Allie,

CJ 

My great nephew has already been caught sharing his snack with the Black Lab mix that's one of his shadows.  He turned 1 a couple of weeks ago.

His other shadow,  a 15 month old female Mastiff mix,  brings him used rawhide chews when he's teething.

Archived